Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mullenswrc
    Fleur, was it you I read about in the motorsport news? About the rick throwing incident?
    Yeah, That was us, What did motorsport news say?
    We were very disappointed to have that happen.
    RIP Malcolm ;( Hope you have an audi quattro up there.

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Thnx Puddle Jumper!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleur
    Yeah, That was us, What did motorsport news say?
    We were very disappointed to have that happen.
    Just a small article about a rock being thrown at your windscreen in either Brechfa or Trawscoed. The incident is under investigation (I dont know what they can do now), and their going to try and prevent it in the future. Il get my MotorSport News from work and PM you the article.

I bet you where dissapointed. Its quite embarissing acualy to have a world championship event come here and the local valley yobs act like they usaly do.
    Marcus Mullens
    VW Polo Group.N

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts

Exclamation Will it work?

I like the atmosphere of this one - what do you think?

Bear in mind I'm 13 and only a very, very amateur photographer - this was my first one!

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Its quite embarissing acualy to have a world championship event come here and the local valley yobs act like they usaly do.
    After seeing the antics in Margam I hate to say it but it doesn't surprise me There were so many drunk people around causing all sorts of problems for the marshals and shouting abuse at them after some pretty sensible requests to try and stay off the road etc.

When I was walking down the stage to get somewhere for SS4, on the long straight after the car park junction (J5) I cam across three guy from Czech Republic I think, one of them was extremely drunk and lying in the ditch at the side of the road and his friends were laughing and taking photos of him. So knowing it was a pretty stupid thing to be doing I went and spoke to them and suggested they move up the bank out of the road. As soon as I said this the guy in the ditch jumped up and ran down the middle of the road before falling over and passing out!! Now normally I wouldn't panic straight away but the FIA safety jeep was approaching quite quickly and with the thick fog there was no way he would be able to stop... thankfully he wasn't a big guy and I managed to drag him out of the way just in time

But the amount of beer people were carrying round was incredible, never seen anything like it anywhere, worse than Finland even. And I am all for a bit of fun but the amount and size of fireworks in the spectator car parks wasn't good either, especially when they are being organised by the people drinking and being launched about a foot from your car where you are trying to sleep

If Rally GB was cancelled I would not miss it one bit, I'm sad to say.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just a small article about a rock being thrown at your windscreen in either Brechfa or Trawscoed. The incident is under investigation (I dont know what they can do now), and their going to try and prevent it in the future. Il get my MotorSport News from work and PM you the article.

I bet you where dissapointed. Its quite embarissing acualy to have a world championship event come here and the local valley yobs act like they usaly do.

Thanks in advance for the article.
    Not much they can do about it now, But hopefully they will be able to put in place measures so it doesn't happen to anyone else. It was lucky it hit the top of the windscreen where there was a banner. This meant the windscreen was smashed but the rock didn't come through. It probably would have come through the screen if it had hit further down.
    What was also disappointing, was that we told the timecontrol at the end of the stage what had happened, along with exactly where it happened and they didn't seem to care.
    From what Jamie posted, it sounds like some spectators were irresponsible in other areas as well. If they are not careful, it will end up like spectating in Australia, where they are only allowed in certain, very restricted areas.

Oh, BTW, it was our second pass of Trawscoed.
    RIP Malcolm ;( Hope you have an audi quattro up there.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thnx Puddle Jumper!

Any else have any photos of Grey Opel Astra OPC, car #128?