Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    2005 Loeb crashed out while testing for the GB rally, then he crashed out in Australia, but thats another story...
    If I want loeb to crash out? Uh... no, not really, but a flock of punctures or a pile of bad selfesteem would at least be something to hang in the X-mas tree.
    Besides I would like for mäkinen to keep his record with four straight championships (at least in the last years of rallying)
    OK, Loeb crashes and Gronholm wins the title. Is that the way to show the world you are the best? Not winning by winning, but wining by the mistakes of others. Ford won the title like that last year, and it only got it this year by having 2 best drivers, not best car. So, all I want to say is Loeb in my mind got the title already, so as Citroen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker
    OK, Loeb crashes and Gronholm wins the title. Is that the way to show the world you are the best? Not winning by winning, but wining by the mistakes of others. Ford won the title like that last year, and it only got it this year by having 2 best drivers, not best car. So, all I want to say is Loeb in my mind got the title already, so as Citroen.
    But isn`t the winner the driver with most points, and the driver with most point is the best driver ( sometimes fastest, sometimes beeing the smartest, sometimes not crashing)

What I mean is that if Loeb crashes, then he did a mistake. As you could say Gronholm did in Japan. Then Gronholm should win, because Loeb wins because Gronholm made a mistake in Japan.

You can`t think this way. The winner is the driver with most points, and most of the time you could say he was the best during that year.

Or?

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    You could say the same that Seb will win the championship because Marcus went off in Ireland.

Same difference.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I was merely trying to joke a little bit, but I forgot my smilies
    Otherwise, yes, a complicated sport like rallying often is about making as few mistakes as possible, because you will always end up doing them. As i have pointed out before, Loeb is probably the better driver, and I would so much like to see Bosse outshining Loeb in pure speed, since he is the underdog. And he actually has done that during this year from time to time.
    Since Bosse is quitting now, all i tried to express is how much I would like for him to win the title, without Loeb crashing out. I expect from most Ford drivers to have a carte blanche, or how the **** it is spelled, in order to steal points from Loeb. It will be impossible though, and they should save their roll-cages.
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    I think Loeb will win the championship but Gronholm will win the rally.
    But if Loeb makes a mistake Gronholm could win the championship on his last year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the Focus is a better car than the C4. I actually think it was the best car in 2006 and 2005 and even maybe in 2004 (but the Xsara was more reliable in 2004 and 2005).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Get real. Loeb makes the least mistakes of all drivers, and you hope he makes an error on such a crucial moment?
    In anticipation of the next corner...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Simmi, Doon,
    Sound promising!! We are getting there early so will have a nose around.
    As we are there for both runs can have a look at both spots!

As for Seb and Marcus,
    I cant see Seb loosing it now he doesn’t crash often and the C4 is pretty bomb proof, so I think it will be a Citroen celebration at the end.

Unless M-Sport magic extras drivers for Stobart, Munchi’s and any other Focus’s they can get in the top 5!!

Paul

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Halvard
    But isn`t the winner the driver with most points, and the driver with most point is the best driver ( sometimes fastest, sometimes beeing the smartest, sometimes not crashing)

What I mean is that if Loeb crashes, then he did a mistake. As you could say Gronholm did in Japan. Then Gronholm should win, because Loeb wins because Gronholm made a mistake in Japan.

You can`t think this way. The winner is the driver with most points, and most of the time you could say he was the best during that year.

Or?
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    You could say the same that Seb will win the championship because Marcus went off in Ireland.

Same difference.
    Hmm, I guess you are right. Anyway, wishing someone retirement is not nice, but I will assume it was a joke.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wonder what orders Malcom has given Hirvonen and the Stobart boys?

Drive as you have stolen both the car and the petrol, and let's see what it looks like after day 1?