Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Rally GB 2007 - official thread

I take the freedom of opening this thread, since there is only three days to go, hope you do not mind!
    The championship is probably settled. Reading the news on mgr.fi certainly makes one hope for a wonder, but I guess it is not to happen. If you search for Marcus Grönholm on wikipedia there is some interesting links in the end of the article, one of them describing Grönholms dominance as almost like Schumachers... Well, those were the days (feb 2003)
    Anyways it will be a very exiting rally, with really treacherous conditions. I´ll keep my fingers crossed! As AFF has pointed out, Loeb should ease on the gas now when he is a father, anything else would be unresponsible!
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    http://www.walesrallygb.com/52_411.p...7b23528f384f7e
    well, they certainly aren´t making things easy for people who want to stay out of the crowds... It is a little bit sad that you can not enjoy many rallies in your own way anymore. The security aspect is of course important, but for me it very much ends up in a money related question... this is certainly the backside of high-level rallying!
    To take the snow-mobile to far-away places on the swdish rally is a fantastic thing. I hope they do not forbid that aswell
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Probably because people are fed up with up with the 'Sheep pens', we've all said it before and will say it again, but these have ruined the Rally for most spectators, if you don't get there 3 hours before the first car you won't get a good view, Ridiculous!!!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    I look forward to this rally as I think the fight for the title isn't over yet
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts
    This article is incorrect. For one, it was David Higgins, not Mark, and two, it was a tractor with a bail fork on the front. Granted, the situation was very serious and could've led to a fatal accident, but it looked to me to be a pi55ed off farmer driving his tractor on the track, because it was blocked off for a rally!

Either way, safety is of course the most important thing, and I have seen motorcyclists riding down stages before! I hope they arent going to be even stricter with the spectator pens though...

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    If pens are an issue for anyone just get there nice and early and walk on the stages to a good bit. The marshalls aren't going to reccomend it because it's not in their interests to. Just dont stand in a stupid place and it's fine.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I posted this in another thread, and no one could answer me.

Is this rally a paired event for engines or chasis?

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minke
    I posted this in another thread, and no one could answer me.

Is this rally a paired event for engines or chasis?
    Not sure about chasis, but it's not paired for engines.

Liked 642 Times in 344 Posts
    Entry questions:
    #41 Leszek Kuzaj is marked with co-driver Craig Parry but he on the list twice, also with his regular driver #32 Stuart Jones. Who co-drives Leszek?
    #51 Martin Rauam doesn't have a car marked, what does he drive?
    #64 Barry Clark doesn't have a car or co-driver, will he start and with what and whom if he does?

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka
    Entry questions:
    #64 Barry Clark doesn't have a car or co-driver, will he start and with what and whom if he does?
    About Clark:

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/...oup_n_car.html