Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

One corner or track you could change...

if you could alter one corner/section of a modern f1 track (in any way, maybe as it used to be in years gone by for example) what would you change?

i would be tempted to have back old hockenheim hehe. or more realistically, alter monza to a degree?
    nowhere fast.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tamburello as it was until after Senna's accident.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    could be controversial but id tighten Eau Rouge a bit so its not easy flat for F1 cars.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    1) Get rid of that ridiculous chicane on the back straight at Monza. Not sure what it's called, but it's the one that leads into the long straight just before the Parabolica.

2) Bring back the old Hockenheim.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    ^The Ascari Chicane? Personally I'd want to get rid of the chicane before the Curva Grande, put some challenge back in it. Actually, I'd get rid of all the chicanes at Monza.

Also, the original Spa-Francorchamps. I'd love to see the cars rocket through the Masta Kink.

I'd also put some banking or some relatively large elevation changes on Bahrain or another Tilke track, or would that make it too much like Turkey?

It'd be interesting if there was a large banking on the final turn of the Sepang circuit.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Also, the original Spa-Francorchamps. I'd love to see the cars rocket through the Masta Kink.
    I'd love to see the drivers survive the race, as well. :

Me, I'd take the second chicane out of Magny-Cours, or eliminate the double hairpin at Indy.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Make Indy less "Mickey mouse" - get rid of all the useless corners in the infield that are just there to spice up the dull terrain. Hopefully that would mean passing.

Unfortunately you can't really fix Magny-Cours but if there were some details that'd improve passing that'd be done with me.

Get rid of half the chicanes at Monza I reckon.

Get rid of that dicky little chicane leading into the back complex at Fuji, can't say I like that (or the circuit in general).

Hockenheim loop would be nice to have, but nowadays I suppose you can't have everything.

Turn 1 at Catalunya turned into a hairpin after extending the straight would be nice - may see overtaking there finally.

Albert Park, Circuit GV, Istanbul, Interlagos, Monaco, Silverstone are all fine. Bit iffy about Shanghai, Bahrain, Hungaroring and the Nurburgring though.

Turkey is a great track, but I do wish they would put something into the bare infield, coz it still looks like a construction yard and isn't very picturesque.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    ...It'd be interesting if there was a large banking on the final turn of the Sepang circuit.
    Indeed it would but that would defeat the purpose of having it as a hard braking zone which encourages overtaking.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Turn 1 at Catalunya turned into a hairpin after extending the straight would be nice - may see overtaking there finally. .
    There will probably be more overtaking there, they've tightened the second to last corner which will hopefully allow cars to follow closely on the straight.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts

Such an Imola would be great.

Full throttle from Rivazza to Tosa. Acque Minerale is a lot faster and no chicane at Variante Alta. And the second Rivazza is faster. So almost two full throttle sections (with slight braking only at Piratella and Acque Minerale) and two hard-breaking areas. Only problem being that due to the river long enough safety areas can't be built. :