Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts

PWRc and N4 in Wales, impressive entries

People, I always wathc JRC and PWRC besides the most impotant WRC results.

And obviously ver y interested in my countrymate Gabriel Pozzo´s possibility to retake PWRC crown if he wins in Wales.

Looking at the entry list, I found some impressive names right there in PWRC but also N4.

Here are the ONES I SELECTED AS FASTETES OR ONES TO WATCH, grouped inn what I consider "speed groups (considering it is in Wales and cars they will run):

1st group of candidates for victory (fastests):
    1. Guy Wilks Lancer (guest driver at PWRC with a Mitsubishi UK rally team car)
    2. Gwyundaf Evans Lancer (guest driver at PWRC with a Mitsubishi UK rally team car)
    3. Nial McShea Imprezza
    4. David Higgins Imprezza
    5. Mark Higgins Lancer

2nd group (just right there, could also fight for the win):
    6. Juho Hanninen Lancer
    7. Gabriel Pozzo Lancer
    8. Patrick Flodin Imprezza
    9. Armindo Araujo Lancer
    10. Barry Clark
    11. Evgeni Vertunov Imprezza
    12. Michal Kosciuszko Punto Super 2000
    13. Alessandro Bettega Lancer

3rd gorup (interesting to watch, with good background, we can expect something good from them):
    14. Mirco Baldacci Lancer
    15. Jasper Van Den Heuvel Lancer
    16. Stuart Jones MG S2000
    17. Kuzaj Imprezza
    18. Andreas Aigner Lancer
    19. Martin Rauam
    20. Travis Pastrana Imprezza
    21. Philip Morrow Lancer
    22. Martin Prokop Lancer
    23. Evgeni Novikov Imprezza

23 very interesting drivers and performances to watch, PWRC title definition, good opportunity to meassure Punto S2000 agianst top drivers in top N4 cars , and see MS S2000 development.

For my interest, Pozzo has an extremely difficult chance (first tiem in Wales), but if he wants the title he has to gain it!!!
    Zeque
    Argentina

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Andy Aigner should be in the 2nd group, no?

Well, from my point of view, in tarmac he is for sure (even in forst group), in gravel just a little down, not at Haninen or Flodin pace´s for example.

May be I should have done 4 groups.
    Zeque
    Argentina

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Do You remember for example Greece where Aigner and Hanninen were able to fight with Arai for the victory. They all had bad luck but the times were very good. Also Prokop was very good because it was his only start on gravel with 4WD and he made 10 top 3 finishes and 2 stage wins!

I think You simply underestimate many drivers. I wouldn't make such tips
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

That is not a ranking a speed, I mentionesd drivers who should do very well, or are interesting to watch.
    I made some groups just to show IMO speed (mostly groups 1 and 2), in third I say "ones to watch", for instance I have no knowledge of russian champion Novikov.

The idea was to point out how many interesting drivers there will be. May be the separation in groups may be missunderstand (or better, I did not explained myself quite well)
    Zeque
    Argentina

Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts
    I think that Novikov could be the main surprise from all N4 drivers. He is the vice-champion of the 2007 Russian rally championship and the winner of the 2006 Russian rally cup. And he is the only one man who had a fight for win with Anton Alen in IRC`s Vyborg 2007...

FYI Vertunov is much slower than Novikov... Everybody in Russia & Estonia is slower...
    http://www.ALMrally.ru All about rally in Russian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yes, but you need to finish a rally in order to call yourself faster than everybody else

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Will be indeed a great competition in Wales. Really looking forward to it.

In my opinion:
    Andy Aigner to group 1!!!.
    David Higgins and Nial McShea will be behind him & he will be one of those who will fight for the podium.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Since the World Rally Championship is decided more or less, my focus will also be on the PWRC this time. I expect Evans to be very quick, but the field is so strong that it's hard to predict. I don't want to rule out v/d Heuvel too, 3td in Ireland and these Welsh roads suit him good considering his driving style.

BTW, I notice the PWRC is totally overpowering JRC in terms of competition and drivers. It's pretty clear S1600 won't last long anymore.

MJW
    British Championship Mitsu's of Wilks and Gwyndaf have been a bit "fragile" - but speed will be definately there from these two. I can not see anyone outside GB or Scandinavia "winning PCWRC" on this rally.