Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturla
    The only thing that can save Petter`s career is a move to Ford or Citroen... I just can`t understand Petter anymore, he has given Subaru so many chanches... At a point he must set his foot down and make the move, he can`t listen to Subarus promisses anymore...
    +1
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Am asking myself what if story turn around and he become winning mashine will people also forget these bad 2 seasons?
    Waiting subbie to come back and maybe win:D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Subaru will never be the top car again, that I`m sure of. Subaru does not only have one problem, they have to huge problems. Before they can start to smell on the pace of the other cars their car must first finish rallies without problems, when has that happened? Maybe 2-3 times this year, maybe less... After that they must build a car that has the same pace as Ford/ citroen.

I just can`t see that happens with the lack of testing and money that subaru have.

Also Petter`s 2008 season is spoiled before it even starts, the new car comes in the middle of next season.... Just totally hopeless if you ask me...
    May the grip be with you:)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leno
    Am asking myself what if story turn around and he become winning mashine will people also forget these bad 2 seasons?
    2 seasons? say 4 seasons sinds they going down with the Impreza!
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Saying Subaru will never be at the top again is a little rediculous, I know most people including myself doubted if Ford would ever have an amazing car but they do.

I just hope Petter gets some wits about him. Pays out of his contract and moves to Ford.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    2 seasons? say 4 seasons sinds they going down with the Impreza!
    I think things got worse since the 2006 spec Impreza came along. Before that, he was still a podium finisher and a potential winner.

I wouldn't wish him to move to Ford or Citroën. I reckon that will probably cause Subaru to fade away even more. I think he´s a true sportsman in staying with the team. Shows how professional he handles the situation. I still have confidence in a good outcome for Petter and Subaru.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josti

I wouldn't wish him to move to Ford or Citroën. I reckon that will probably cause Subaru to fade away even more. I think he´s a true sportsman in staying with the team. Shows how professional he handles the situation. I still have confidence in a good outcome for Petter and Subaru.
    i totally agree
    Waiting subbie to come back and maybe win:D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    At least Bosse used to win rallies and had podiums with the whale : unlike Petter in the recent year Impreza
    1) There was only the Xsara clearly better than 307 ... moreover Duval was always crashing somewhere so one less ^^
    And Impreza was little bit better in 2004 but not reliable, while a bit slower in 2005.

2) Put Marcus in the 2006-2007 Impreza and let me know if he can take a lot of podiums against so many Focus and two works C4. I think not.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a lot of faith in Petter, but time is running out.

The clock is ticking for Hollywood. As he ages his chances of getting onto another team diminish along with his idea of winning another championship. There is no possibility that Subaru can pull of another championship run with their head in the clouds over F1.

Petter should look for an alternative, a fresh breath, and turn a new leaf....Ford!
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I totally agree with those who says that he should go for another car, I have completely lost faith in Prodrive/Subarus ability to get their act together and give him a good, fast and reliable car. I have read several places that he has a clause in his contract about leaving if they can't provide him with a winning car - this is definitely the time to do so! I still think he has the speed, but for how long can he maintain the needed confidence in himself to be able to be fastest again, as he gets older? Not easy to say, but he surely can't waste another 2-3 years in the Impreza if he's going to be the champion again, I'm afraid!
    ...may the force be with you...