Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Some adore Petter, because he is mr Hollytwood, because he is world Champion of 2004, because he can set some fast times. I think he is fast and he has a car that isn't good. But... he isn't that good he is at the top. Loeb is top! After him very close come Hirvonen and Latvala (I speak about after Gronholm). Than comes Solberg and Atkinson who is closer by and more times faster than P. Solberg.

For a good WRC competition I hope Subaru comes with a fast car. That is what the sport needs. Lets see what Petter (and Atkinson) can do with a new car.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My opinion: at the moment Impreza is much to slow compare to C4 or Focus '07, let say 0,5 sec/ km.And also much less realaible. Next season totally new impreza, which will be definetley faster compare to this year model, and let say they will get this 0,5 sec, but also in M-sport and in Citroen Sport people will not sleep during winter and both cars will be again faster in spring. So SWRT will be again slower. SWRT must produce a true revolution, if they can become at least as fast as Ford&Citroen.
    ucci

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    Unfortunately 2007 model's delivery seems to be as inconsistent as british weather.

I couldn't say better
    Yes I agree. Troubles at Subaru began with 2006 car.

The big surprise is how dfficult it has been for Prodrive to improve the situation since then. Maybe some improvements have been made this year but I expected a lot more from such an experienced top team.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jure dvorsek
    My opinion: at the moment Impreza is much to slow compare to C4 or Focus '07, let say 0,5 sec/ km.And also much less realaible. Next season totally new impreza, which will be definetley faster compare to this year model, and let say they will get this 0,5 sec, but also in M-sport and in Citroen Sport people will not sleep during winter and both cars will be again faster in spring. So SWRT will be again slower. SWRT must produce a true revolution, if they can become at least as fast as Ford&Citroen.
    I agree that the task for Subaru is maybe bigger than we thought after their first disastrous season (2006) because the more the time is flying, the more M-Sport and Citroen Sport seem to be working efficiently.

MJW
    I read today that Subaru will have a S12C (my name for the car) from January as a replacement to this current version until S14 comes out in August for NORF. This years (2007 S12B) was supposed to be an improvement on the previous years car. However, it was designed with a lot of engineers who worked on S12. Since late summer some key engineers who previously worked at SWRT in the glory days, late 1990's to early 2000's have returned. Maybe these rally engineers will turn things around that the "race guys" could not. Also, they will never admit it but I'm sure the F1 thing at Prodrive was a distraction. Maybe now DR & the management can concentrate on getting Subaru back to winning ways. I bloody hope so!

Liked 301 Times in 212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Helstar
    Totally right, you can compare Petter situation to Marcus when he was with 307. And if Marcus didn't switch to Ford (who happen to develope a great car) and/or Peugeot stayed in WRC with 307 or some other 'new' slow car, this thread would be dedicated to Marcus I think.

Give Petter the Focus or the C4 and you'll see him battling for victory (at least in gravel rallies, sure).

At least Bosse used to win rallies and had podiums with the whale : unlike Petter in the recent year Impreza

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Also, they will never admit it but I'm sure the F1 thing at Prodrive was a distraction. Maybe now DR & the management can concentrate on getting Subaru back to winning ways. I bloody hope so!
    I agree 100%
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    Am I right that for you Petter was the best or at least the fastest driver in 2004??? Is there anywhere acces to old discussions from 2004? I could demonstrate that Pino has changed his views like old good rally blonde!
    I am not sure I said he was the best, probably I've said he was as fast as Loeb and Marcus, but that was in 2004... What's wrong in changing mind about a driver after almost 4 years ? I still think he's 3rd best anyway
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Petter was as good as Loeb and Macus 2 or 3 seasons ago but now I can't really measure Petter's true speed because the car is just cr*p! Impreza is just nowhere near Focus or C4, and you can't really compare stage time or pt standing or anything. I have the impression that Atkinson has adapted to the current car little better than Petter but I wouldn't say Chris is better than Petter, either. SWRT really needs to step up their development.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The only thing that can save Petter`s career is a move to Ford or Citroen... I just can`t understand Petter anymore, he has given Subaru so many chanches... At a point he must set his foot down and make the move, he can`t listen to Subarus promisses anymore...
    May the grip be with you:)