Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yep: Marcus is the first of the new brigade. Guess when hirvo quits here will be a lot of talk abt him as being around in the good old days when Bosse was around...and so on. We like to think in this way, and why should´nt we?
    I was going to buy myself a finnish flag if bosse won the championship this year. Looks as I can put the money on something else now...
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    It seems here, however, a burial or farewell of Grönholm and he is still around.
    It must be party and celebration because he goes on retire.
    Of cource we will mis him on the rallies but there will be doors open for others.
    Agree, the good thing also is that Latvala gets a good car right from start of works carreer.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    As it was Gronholm's last year i made a special trip to the New Zealand round and the Japan round. I have tried for ages to get a photo with the guy himself so this year in Japan I managed to get one.

He will be sorely missed however all drivers come and must retire at some stage. I have a feeling it will not be the last we see of Marcus in WRC circles, it is just we will probably not see him behind the wheel again unless he does a one off in Finland. He has given us all MANY good memories and funny quotes to laugh at so he will be talked about for many many years to come!
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan

He will be sorely missed however all drivers come and must retire at some stage. I have a feeling it will not be the last we see of Marcus in WRC circles, it is just we will probably not see him behind the wheel again unless he does a one off in Finland. He has given us all MANY good memories and funny quotes to laugh at so he will be talked about for many many years to come!
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's competing NORF next year, though I would understand if he want's to experience it as a spectator this time.

Only then his Ireland off, there's nothing negative to say about this guy. A great miss for the WRC in the coming years.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josti
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's competing NORF next year, though I would understand if he want's to experience it as a spectator this time.

Only then his Ireland off, there's nothing negative to say about this guy. A great miss for the WRC in the coming years.
    His Ireland off has nothing to do with driving, he had the wrong tyres, that´s all.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i wouldn't say that Gronholm putting his boots up for good i'll bet he'll either do the odd wrc event or even some national rally back in Finland
    Not changing signature until J-M Latvala wins his first WRC Championship 6 Rallies Won so Far !

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I thought the same with Tommi though but haven't seen him much.

Gronholm is definately old generation, I reckon Seb is first of the new breed.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    His Ireland off has nothing to do with driving, he had the wrong tyres, that´s all.
    True, I'm just bummed about it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You mean if a driver pick the wrong tires he should not be blame for an off? that's ridiculous!

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xavier
    You mean if a driver pick the wrong tires he should not be blame for an off? that's ridiculous!
    No, read his post again... he didnt say it wasnt his fault.. just that it wasnt because of his driving. Certainly not a ridiculous statement.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!