Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: V8 Supercars

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was a completely different scenario though in 2003, Skaife's (and really Murphy's as well) chance at the title at the last round was only really mathematical, and as Ambrose dominated that weekend with no one looking like getting close to him, it's hardly a similiar thing to last weekend.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Did anyone actually watch channel 10's broadcast?
    Before the start of race 3, Neil Crompton was saying that he was personally talking to Tom Walkinshaw (spelling). Neil went onto say that Tom said that for Rick to be champion, he has to make sure he has the race of his life etc... that to be a champion you have to go the extra mile etc... He then went on to say that Tom told Rick that your car isnt going to be used next year, that Rick will be getting the new VE to race in etc... so either win the race or at least go out in style but at the end of the day DONT WORRY ABOUT CRASHING IT CAUSE IT JUST AINT GOING TO BE USED AGAIN. This to me is a clear indication that the HRT/Holden race teams had clearly been in cahooths with each other to make sure that no matter what, every holden race driver that lowdnes came into play with did their utmost to ruin his race.

Rick Kelly, I think your kidding yourself if you think you EVER had a car/ability to win that race let alone any other races in the year...

Im the biggest holden fan ever, but I can promise you that even thou i will never ever be a ford fan, I will never root for a HRT car again... I sure as hell hope that soon they will introduce a 3rd manufacturer into the series cause i just aint going to be rooting for holden the way I have in the past.

To the person who posted that lowdnes should have 111 on the side of his car - great thinking!!!!!

Lets hope thatin the years to come the race stewards look at whats happened here and use it as an example of how not to steward.

I think at the end of the day Craig was right in what he said after the gold coast... that the stewards want a holden to win this year.

End of rant.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Surfers was where Lowndes lost the championship - and not because of the stewards. The regs regarding chicanes are very clear - you cut the chicane, you cede your place to the car behind you. The drive through penalty is imposed by the IPO if you don't do this. That's what Lowndes copped. His rant after the race was unwarranted and incorrect.

As for the Holden teams being in cahoots, well they made this blindingly obvious at Surfers too. It was openly discussed in pit lane after the last V8 race there. It was well known that the HRT/HSV teams would be doing anything they could to aid a championship win for Rick Kelly. Tander got a little too blatant at Philip Island and copped the consistently applied penalty for blocking as a result.

If Lowndes and the Ford fans want to apportion "blame", look no further than the poor results at Surfers and Symmons Plains. Had Lowndes had "normal" results at both, the issues at Philip Island would have been irrelevant as he would have had the championship pretty well sewn up.

The stewards by the way could not give a stuff who wins a race or a championship - in fact when ever a steward hears a charge or a protest, the last thing in their mind is what effect it has on a championship or race result. The Stewards did their job correctly with respect of Race 3 at Philip Island. Rick Kelly copped the standard drive through penalty for contact with Craig Lowndes (although the video evidence was not conclusive that the contact was deliberate) and that is where the matter was dealt with. The Stewards then deliberated over a protest from an aggrieved competitor and (presumably) could find no substantive evidence to suggest that the penalty applied was incorrect or insufficient.

The rules as set down by V8 Supercars were applied in accordance with the manual, the IPO did his job correctly, the Stewards did their job correctly - end of story.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ian959
    Surfers was where Lowndes lost the championship - and not because of the stewards. The regs regarding chicanes are very clear - you cut the chicane, you cede your place to the car behind you. The drive through penalty is imposed by the IPO if you don't do this. That's what Lowndes copped. His rant after the race was unwarranted and incorrect.

As for the Holden teams being in cahoots, well they made this blindingly obvious at Surfers too. It was openly discussed in pit lane after the last V8 race there. It was well known that the HRT/HSV teams would be doing anything they could to aid a championship win for Rick Kelly. Tander got a little too blatant at Philip Island and copped the consistently applied penalty for blocking as a result.

If Lowndes and the Ford fans want to apportion "blame", look no further than the poor results at Surfers and Symmons Plains. Had Lowndes had "normal" results at both, the issues at Philip Island would have been irrelevant as he would have had the championship pretty well sewn up.

The stewards by the way could not give a stuff who wins a race or a championship - in fact when ever a steward hears a charge or a protest, the last thing in their mind is what effect it has on a championship or race result. The Stewards did their job correctly with respect of Race 3 at Philip Island. Rick Kelly copped the standard drive through penalty for contact with Craig Lowndes (although the video evidence was not conclusive that the contact was deliberate) and that is where the matter was dealt with. The Stewards then deliberated over a protest from an aggrieved competitor and (presumably) could find no substantive evidence to suggest that the penalty applied was incorrect or insufficient.

The rules as set down by V8 Supercars were applied in accordance with the manual, the IPO did his job correctly, the Stewards did their job correctly - end of story.

So i guess you work for the main governing body of V8 Supercars then? Couse that's basically the same BS they've been telling race fans for years.

In reguards to HRT/HSV making it clear at Surfers that they were working together your wrong there. They made that point blatantly clear before Sandown In no other series in the world can 2 teams swap drivers for 2 races only and then swap them back.
    Peter Brock the undisputed King of Mount Panorama. R.I.P.

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?BP

Minardi: Constructors Champions in 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ian959

the rules say you will cop a penalty if you don't readdress the issue, craig did readdress the chicane issue with ingal yet he still got one... what's even more interesting is later on in the race, a holden crossed the white line coming out of the pits which is against the rules... where's the drive through for that?? they must have missed that one huh? woops!
    since when does being in cahoots meAn taking out ur main competitor schumacher style?
    at the end of the day, like I said, kelly and santas little helpers poor form have destroyed holdens good will and integrity... those races were jUst a joke.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thompson_fan
    In no other series in the world can 2 teams swap drivers for 2 races only and then swap them back.
    It has happened plenty of times over the years overseas, particularly back in the days of the ETCC and inaugural WTCC.

I don't know of any rule that bans the practice of changing teams, nor how you would police it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Even so. Had Ford thrown it's two top contenders for the V8 crown from different Ford teams into the same car for the 2 Enduro's the V8 Governing Body would have thrown the book at them.

But because it involved "The Golden Child" Mark Skaife's team and Tom Walkinshaw it went un-punished.
    Peter Brock the undisputed King of Mount Panorama. R.I.P.

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?BP

Minardi: Constructors Champions in 2008

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Well worth subscribing to vmagazine.com.au. Bit like RedBulletin. PM me if you can't access the latest one.
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Carlin buy DJR?

Latest issuse of mnews.com.au suggests that Carlin are buying DJR, starting with a 25% share.
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is that the single seater team from over here in the UK?
    Believe the above at your own risk.......