View Poll Results: Which was the best new event in 2007?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rally Norway

43 40.95%
  • Rally Portugal

6 5.71%
  • Rally Ireland

56 53.33%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RallyfanNZ
    You cant get much more boring then Ireland. Bar the other tarmac rallies. The WRC footage was ok, but Norway's was miles better to watch. I was struggling to watch Ireland like I do on most tarmac rounds (Especially with modern WRC cars). A half tarmac/half gravel rally would shake things up a bit. Like in Poland.
    I watches the Ireland national championship and I find it pretty exciting. But I think Ireland round in this wrc wasn't much interesting more because mostly due to the very poor tv coverage and current state of wrc itself. Once marcus crashes out, I didn't really care anymore. This is true for all their other coverages for the last 3 yearsthough, I struggle to even paying attention to the eurosport review. They are so unenthuasist in doing it.

It would help a little if they bring back the lady's voice.

Liked 244 Times in 100 Posts

Smile

for me both norway and ireland where excellent events, they where exiting to watch and each of them very unique!

there is no other tarmac rally where cars sliding so much and the landscape (wich is not unimportant for good tv-pics) is breathtaking
    norway on the other hand was a perfect organised event under perfect winter conditions

bring back portugal to the old area and it would be unique too!!

reg

wrc1
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Ireland was good because of the local drivers and it was a very intresting rally.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC1
    for me both norway and ireland where excellent events, they where exiting to watch and each of them very unique!

there is no other tarmac rally where cars sliding so much and the landscape (wich is not unimportant for good tv-pics) is breathtaking
    norway on the other hand was a perfect organised event under perfect winter conditions

reg

wrc1

I second that word to word.... scary
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    Ireland was good because of the local drivers and it was a very intresting rally.
    I think the locals was not so good if you look at the times, i think the best local privateer was something 9 min off the podium.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah we r all a bit disapointed for the locals......meeke started well but got plagued by the subaru bug and then fought hard to win back time and fought that wee bit too hard...

donnelly, well i wasnt sure that taking a fabia out was the right move, but he had no other choice, he had limited testing time and straight away was in for some bad luck.....those two on a good weekend might have been challenging the mid table drivers....especially meeke

id have to vote for ireland in this poll (not being biased) .....altho norway was a great event an i hope it remains inside the wrc, but if u showed me footage from either norway or sweden i couldnt tell the difference....whereas you couldnt get confused with irish stages .....its so unique and challenging.....altho i remember japans first year caused alot of problems for the drivers but the second time they had mastered it..

Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    Ireland added something different to other rallys,
    Portugal, is a classic, did nto surprised me, I just knew it.
    I liked Norway, but I preffer Ireland.
    Zeque
    Argentina

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC1

reg

wrc1
    Take Rally Portugal to were it should be, the Fafe and Arganil stages, absolute classic areas. Though there are other Rallies we could say the same about as well, ...Kielder,..cough, cough,..

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    I think the locals was not so good if you look at the times, i think the best local privateer was something 9 min off the podium.
    Local are not accustomed to cut on the roads because they have also no mousse in the tyres!
    Next year it can be complete differently with those Pirelli's in WRC.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    Local are not accustomed to cut on the roads because they have also no mousse in the tyres!
    Next year it can be complete differently with those Pirelli's in WRC.
    yes true, but they did know the roads better, and think also how much the gap might have been if there would have been a little more competition in the front.
    Aja kovaa Pena.