Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: FIA letter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    First of all, great idea A.F.F! I'm in!

Before going presenting the practical suggestions to FIA or Mahonen I would like to start this letter with few simple reminders to FIA.

1. This letter comes from your most core audience. From those people who have followed are following and will follow rally also in the future, no matter what happens.

2. This same audience goes to rallies, pays to see the events, buy tickets and rally passes, buy rally merchandise, listen to rally radio and so on. We are your customers, please don't ignore us. Rally lives because of fans.

3. But it also lives because of teams participating into it. So please do whatever it takes to lure some more manufacturers to participate in WRC, S2000, PWRC or other classes. Please take manufacturers also in consideration when making the rules, don't make rules that could possibly make manufacturers to leave WRC. Make rally attractive to manufacturers.

How about those to start with?
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpooSH
    I agree with Sauron, the limit for the works/M1 should be 3 drivers / rally with top 2 scoring points for equality's sake, some manufacturers could spend more than others and run more cars which would unbalance the championship.
    I don't get your logic here nor White Saurons either...how it will unbalance the championship if you enable manufacturer points scoring without nominations when you limit it to two per make can score manu points? It's not that one has to be from a factory team to be able to get manu points, every private entry would bring manu points to make as well if in top two per brand.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    I don't get your logic here nor White Saurons either...how it will unbalance the championship if you enable manufacturer points scoring without nominations when you limit it to two per make can score manu points? It's not that one has to be from a factory team to be able to get manu points, every private entry would bring manu points to make as well if in top two per brand.
    But the brand with more private entries will be in advantage then!!! How don't you see it?

The ideal decision for me is back to 2002 and around. A team can enter as many drivers as they want (for example Peugeot entered up to 6 crews), 3 of them are nominated for points (Gro, Burns and Rovanpera for Panizzi), two of them will bring points, even if all three finish. For example, rally San Remo 2002 for Peugeot or Monte 2003 for Citroen.
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I have a good idea. To make everything simple lets just ban manufacturers from entering more than 0 cars. That way we don't have a boring championship dominated by just one manufacturer or one driver. Far better in my opinion. I think we should have a forum focus group to think up of yet more useless ideas for ways to make the championship even worse than it is

Seriously though. It's people who thought they had a good idea who came up with great ideas like the 2nd driver rule, superally, repeated stages and centralised services. Like your mum probably said to you when you were young "STOP PLAYING WITH IT OR IT'LL FALL OFF!!!!!!!"

TBH if we're going to make any changes we should just make it so the drivers do donuts and nothing more. After all everyone likes donuts right?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I have a good idea. To make everything simple lets just ban manufacturers from entering more than 0 cars. That way we don't have a boring championship dominated by just one manufacturer or one driver. Far better in my opinion. I think we should have a forum focus group to think up of yet more useless ideas for ways to make the championship even worse than it is now
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just proves it's impossible to get to consensus even between fans...
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Start with your comments.
    I vote for 14 rallies and 3 nominated drivers

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron
    But the brand with more private entries will be in advantage then!!! How don't you see it?
    How do you see that? At the moment the brand with more private entries is in an advantage, because they can all take points. While without nominations only the two best can score.
    I also doubt this will have an effect on M2 teams as they are all filled by paid drivers with individual sponsors. There is no reason to believe that Expert or OMV would stop sponsoring without M2 teams, or that Stobart only joined because they could score manufacturers points.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    TBH if we're going to make any changes we should just make it so the drivers do donuts and nothing more. After all everyone likes donuts right?
    I think they should hire stadiums in all the big cities of the country and make superspecials in them. Then rally is right where the people are in densely populated areas, we don't need so many camera's anymore and the vips will have nice warmseats with good food.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodeye
    1. This letter comes from your most core audience. From those people who have followed are following and will follow rally also in the future, no matter what happens.

2. This same audience goes to rallies, pays to see the events, buy tickets and rally passes, buy rally merchandise, listen to rally radio and so on. We are your customers, please don't ignore us. Rally lives because of fans.

3. But it also lives because of teams participating into it. So please do whatever it takes to lure some more manufacturers to participate in WRC, S2000, PWRC or other classes. Please take manufacturers also in consideration when making the rules, don't make rules that could possibly make manufacturers to leave WRC. Make rally attractive to manufacturers.

How about those to start with?

We're the ambassadors of HC-rally fans around the globe.
    Another Flying Finn