Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FIA letter

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    Sauron, if you take a close look, you see that there's no need for any nomination. Even Ostberg with his Legacy could score points for Subaru.
    You got it kiddo
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sauron, if you take a close look, you see that there's no need for any nomination. Even Ostberg with his Legacy could score points for Subaru.
    Argh... and you don't see my point! Just think, if there will be no nomination, the brand, which is wider represented in a rally, will be in advantage! Ford, which has 8 cars, will have more chances for points, then Subaru, for example, if it's represented only by three cars!
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i dont think a team is going to spend the money on getting 6 drivers up for a rally!

but on the other hand, imagine ford really wants to take seb's thunder on tarmac and they add 2 french drivers and a spaniard, all of them paying for their tarmac drives, and BAM, there you have an all ford top 5.
    I am Yahya the Infinite. <-search it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    and not restricting the amount of drivers might also see some M2 teams dissapear like that ford team and kronos.....

just a thought.
    I am Yahya the Infinite. <-search it

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron
    Argh... and you don't see my point! Just think, if there will be no nomination, the brand, which is wider represented in a rally, will be in advantage! Ford, which has 8 cars, will have more chances for points, then Subaru, for example, if it's represented only by three cars!
    As only best two per make would score manu points I see it more fair than this year when it's possible that top six manu points scorer will all be driving Fords.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    As only best two per make would score manu points I see it more fair than this year when it's possible that top six manu points scorer will all be driving Fords.
    It's all about probability theory. The more cars of a certain brand are entered, the more chances the brand has to get two crews into points. So that all teams were equal in terms of sport competition, the quanity of crews, eligable for bringing points to a team must be limited.
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    If this was applied, would there be any Munchi's WRT and Stobart team? Wouldn't they all be one big Ford?
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If this was applied, would there be any Munchi's WRT and Stobart team? Wouldn't they all be one big Ford?
    No, there would be Stobart as it is now, with Solberg, Latvala and Wilson all nominated for points, with two best of which get this points. The same situation, but better for teams. If this rule had been last year, Kronos would have got points for Pons' high finish.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    I agree with Sauron, the limit for the works/M1 should be 3 drivers / rally with top 2 scoring points for equality's sake, some manufacturers could spend more than others and run more cars which would unbalance the championship. Also if each team fields 3 cars then there are less chances of other cars finishing in front of the 3 official cars because there would be more quality official entries, plus like Franken said M2 would be almost pointless if you remove nominations altogether.

14 rallies with 4 rotating is good but which ones should rotate? perhaps a system where FIA observers, teams and drivers rate rallies and bottom 4 go into rotation.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Manufacturers are wanting to cut cars. Back in the days of Peugeot spending lots and lots of money they weren't throwing 10 drivers out just to make sure they got max points. Making a limit is like saying that manufacturers can't fit rocket boosters to their cars or ski's. It wasn't going to happen anyway......
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.