Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FIA letter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think one of the best decisions to be made for WRC is to return to 14 rallies-3-cars rule scheme...
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 1,830 Times in 708 Posts
    A letter isn't a bad idea but it must be carefully written so that it is specific enough so it's not the same thing as the wrc.com survey but not so specific that you'd be telling the FIA what to do. Of course the suggestions should also be backed by facts and examples to show why they would be good.

If we decide to do this first we should try to gather as many ideas and discuss them so we can form some coherent proposals.

It's definitely worth a shot.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    Well although i think its a waste of time...if we conduct a letter like that i think we should do it proposing general changes rather than specific ones....for example propose the number of events not which ones we want...let them decide that.

I agree.

I was merely giving an example with the calendar.

Please feel free to disagree and suggest anything you want.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.

Please feel free to disagree and suggest anything you want.
    So... Let's start... Who agrees with a 3-cars rule?

Cons: it's more xpensive for teams, but they do agree, that spending money on one more car in a rally is more efficient then spending money on two more rallies in the calendar!
    Pros: There're lot of very good drivers without a works drive (like Duval or Galli) and very talented young drivers who just can't step up onto the next level (like Wilks or Meeke or Aava). If there're 3 crews allowed for a team, then two experienced drivers will hunt for points, and the pressure will be off from young guns, allowing them to drive as they want, to learn.

Anyone wants to add more "+" and "-"?
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 539 Times in 192 Posts
    As SpooSH posted, it has to be a politically-minded letter.

3 cars rule - well officially there's nothing stopping you entering 3 cars. But it should change back to the "top 2 manufacturer entries to finish" get the points rather than specifically-nominated drivers.

14 event calendar. I like AFF's idea of 10 standard events and the rest rotating
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    As SpooSH posted, it has to be a politically-minded letter.

3 cars rule - well officially there's nothing stopping you entering 3 cars. But it should change back to the "top 2 manufacturer entries to finish" get the points rather than specifically-nominated drivers.

14 event calendar. I like AFF's idea of 10 standard events and the rest rotating

tYes, his is precisely what I mean. 3 nominated FOR POINTS crews, two best of them get these points.
    And this combined with 14 events in a season would be an ideal version for me. And yeah, if 4 of them are rotated, that would be great I think.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron
    tYes, his is precisely what I mean. 3 nominated FOR POINTS crews, two best of them get these points.
    And this combined with 14 events in a season would be an ideal version for me. And yeah, if 4 of them are rotated, that would be great I think.
    I'm with you on this one
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron
    3 nominated FOR POINTS crews, two best of them get these points.
    Why it has to be nominated drivers? Why can't it be two best of make gets the points? We could see more manufacturer supported private teams/entries this way.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    Why it has to be nominated drivers? Why can't it be two best of make gets the points? We could see more manufacturer supported private teams/entries this way.
    Because if we allow teams nominate four or more drivers two best of which will get points, big teams will be in a big advantage. Just think. For example, Ford and Citroen nominate 6 drivers. Subaru can allow only three... And for example, each team loses three drivers in a rally (loses I mean - retire or go off). Ford and Subaru will have three more crews to be able to bring crews, while Subaru - no. Thus, if we want teams to nominate more crews than the number of crews that can bring points, we must LIMIT this number anyway, otherwise some team can dominate the champ.

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Sauron, if you take a close look, you see that there's no need for any nomination. Even Ostberg with his Legacy could score points for Subaru.
    .................................................. ..................................................