Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FIA letter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    Yes, I mean instead of whining how crabby rules they make, why don't we show them how the job is done
    Good suggestion A.F.F. it's a great idea. I´m in!
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by studiose
    I can imagine it already...AFF and others around the table... :
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Well, I think it's a good idea, too. Make a start then, A.F.F. Seems like you already have plenty of people around the table.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    I vote for studiose to write the letter
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    I can imagine it already...AFF and others around the table... :
    So true
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I don't mind if it goes through Mahonen's hands at all Tomi. Call me crazy but I'm sure this rallying community of ours is indeed in the knowledge of some members of FIA.

About the suggestions. I think it's fair to say that all of us wants more competition, more drivers and manufacturers. How this is possible? With our favourite word; the costcutting.

One definite way is to have a smaller calendar with fewer events. One suggestions I have is to drop the events down to 14 which I guess was the maximum some manufacturers were willing to do. I say let’s have 10 permanent rallies, and four alternative with a rotating system. The TEN should be selected considering them competitionwise, by their market and tradition value. My suggestion is the following:

1. Monte Carlo
    2. Sweden
    3. Argentina
    4. Italy (on tarmac)
    5. Acropolis
    6. Finland
    7. Germany
    8. New-Zealand
    9. Spain
    0. GB

How about the cars ? Some of us would be willing to get rid of 4wd. I’m not. WRC needs 4wd. But the cars should be cheaper. Now, this really isn’t my area of speak so I’m willing to let you guys do the suggestions. How to make the cars cheaper?

One rule I’m all for is one tyre supplier. I don’t care the lack of development. The tyre farce was too much in the couple of last years. I wouldn’t get rid of the mousse though.

The combined PWRC with group-N and S2000 should get an up-grade to it’s status. It should be make appealing for drivers with more than just it’s prize. I really do think it would be an excellent GP2-like series from where the future young guns could come along to WRC. It should be easier and cheaper to access and the reward of doing well in there should be appealing like I said. The promising thing for S2000 is that already two ex-champions ( Mikkola & Salonen ) see it very potential class in the future.

More drivers? If the teams get the equipment cheaper, would they accept to get more drivers in their team? Three drivers per team would be excellent but is it realistic ? And how about the privateer teams ?

I’m sure I left out about a hundred things but this is just a start. The table is yours folks.

Oh, btw. Studi is a fine choise, along with Puddlejumper
    Another Flying Finn

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Nice idea......but

1. We re far too many users and we have different opinions on things....so it will never materialise...since i doubt we can agree on something.

2. The FIA will not pay attention

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    Nice idea......but

1. We re far too many users and we have different opinions on things....so it will never materialise...since i doubt we can agree on something.

2. The FIA will not pay attention

1. If we agree to do some suggestions, it's up to those members who'll want to sign it.

2. I disagree. Read Tomi's post. If we for instance deliver it to Mahonen, I'm pretty sure it'll be at least notified. I know a member on this very forum who has gotten replies to every e-mail he has written to Mahonen. I trust he wouldn't throw it in the resycle bin without reading it first.

I'm interest to find out if we get an answer.

3. What prevents us trying? It's like Wilson's seat. Not away from anybody
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't think that the FIA will listen to us about which events, specifically, will be included. It depends on which events are suitable at the time, I think.

Also, I'm not in favour of reducing the number of events. Doing so reduces the exposure that rallying receives, and in these days of crap TV coverage, WRC needs all the exposure that it can get.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Well although i think its a waste of time...if we conduct a letter like that i think we should do it proposing general changes rather than specific ones....for example propose the number of events not which ones we want...let them decide that.