Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rossi to Ducati in '09 gathers steam.....

Interesting....... he's doing himself no favours with Yamaha at the moment constantly putting stuff like this out there.

Make a decision Vale.... and stick with it.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63868

Rossi ready to consider Ducati move

By Michele Lostia and Pablo Elizalde Friday, November 9th 2007, 11:20 GMT
    Seven-time champion Valentino Rossi is ready to consider a future outside Yamaha if next year's bike doesn't prove competitive enough.
    The Italian rider struggled to match Ducati rival Casey Stoner's form this year, with the Australian going on to take 10 victories on his way to the title.
    Rossi won just four races and finished in third place in the standings after retiring from the last race, where he needed just one point to secure the runner-up spot, with mechanical problems.
    The Yamaha rider has a contract with his team until the end of next season, but Rossi admits he will consider his options if the new bike fails to impress him.
    "Let's see how this devilish engine improves. If it improves then we can wait one more year," the Italian told Gazzetta dello Sport. "If there's nothing to do, amen. I have a good relationship with both, but I'd certainly like Ducati because they're Italian."
    Rossi believes Stoner would have no problems partnering him at Ducati.
    "I don't think he'd say no," Rossi said. "Maybe he'd like to fight with the same bike. OK, that's a big one..."
    He added: "Stoner is not an overnight sensation, but to be the new Valentino he needs to win more, by fighting hard against Valentino and against Pedrosa too. In any case he won't be the new Valentino, he will be Stoner."
    Rossi also reckons both Honda and Yamaha underestimated Ducati this year, with the Italian bike's engine showing it was a step ahead of its rivals.
    "All the Japanese manufacturers have," he said. "Ducati have been intelligent and aggressive and they have worked better. We were competitive against Honda, but they have the money and the people to recover in a short time, something which Yamaha have lacked."
    Rossi won the titles with Yamaha in 2004 and 2005, but has been beaten in the past two seasons. The Italian reckons Yamaha now need more resources in order to fight on top.
    "Yamaha has never been the quickest bike but this year we were even 15-20 km/h slower," he said. "We have suffered from the reduction of fuel capacity: each time we tried to do something we broke down.
    "If I want to win they must make some important changes. We need more capable people and more money."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rossi should ve made this move a year ago instead of renewing his contract with Yam for a third year. How can he call himself an Italaian and not leap at Ducati especially when Loris and Troy showed that they could win races.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Ducati last year didn't look as if it'd be as strong as it has been though. Who knows maybe by being on the same tyres will bring him closer, if only because he'll know that he doesn't have that excuse to fall back on.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    no change, he didn't went to ducati in 2004, because they are just the same as honda, care for the bike not the drivers. so, if it happens my name is max biaggi
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Send 'im to D'Antin!
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    KR will sort him out.... if hes that good?
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFX...
    KR will sort him out.... if hes that good?
    not even God could ride that piece of **** that KR called a bike this season, the chassis was a mess and they got zero support from Honda all year. shame after their performance last season.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Smile

He must learn japanese culture that troubling them disappointly wouldn't make him easy to get a ride in any of them.

Japanese bikes are currently the biggest motogp participants, so riding and winning not in bike any of them wouldn't give the passion as strong as winning with them. Consequently we may not see the prestigious championship anymore.

Rossi wouldn't want to ride in a team identified win previously, it didn't give him any challenge.
    I don't see it happens, repeat never!

Suzuki should be the next destination.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh come on Rossi could get that KR special sorted, after all its open season on choice of engines and tyres at KR that he could choose from! throw in a Ducati donk, Bridgestone tyres and a Roberts/Rossi brewed chassis and suspension and he should be able to lapem all hes that good dont you know...
    Well anyway thats if he wants a challenge

Rossi saying he will move to Ducati in 09 if things dont improve sounds to me like he is already admitting defeat in 08.... anyway why would Ducati pay three/four times as much $$ than they need to to achieve the same goal with Casey and Marco?
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dont think so Rossi will move to Ducati..because my personal view if he won the title next year means he may stick with Yamaha again.