Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts

2007 Rally China - official thread

Rally China starts on the 9th, this weekend coming up.

The regulars in the S2000 class are not competing - "With the IRC manufacturers' title effectively decided in Peugeot's favour, Peugeot and Abarth have decided not to compete in China."

Well it looks like it ill give a chance for other Drivers to be the top guys. Does anyone have an entry list?

Any favorites to win the rally? My bets are on Jussi Valimaki performing very well after competing in the APRC.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 301 Times in 212 Posts
    Good question...entrylist ???

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    This rally is part of Asia Pacific Rally Champion. This is great!
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    According to the rally guide first leg start order will be published on friday 11:00 local time. Both Peugeot Espagna and Abarth are not going to China.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]According to the rally guide first leg start order will be published on friday 11:00 local time. Both Peugeot Espagna and Abarth are not going to China.
    An entrylist is not anywhere on the website that I can decipher. (Hint: hold you mouse over a link and it displays the document's name in English)

To follow up with Mirek, there will be no Peugeots or Abarths making the trip. In, fact it does not appear any of the IRC regulars will be there.

Of course you have a big fight in the APRC for the Manufacturer's title (Subaru leads 74-72). Jussi and Kastuhiko Taguchi will lead the way for Mitsubishi while Cody Crocker (wins his second title by starting this weekend) will head the Subaru attack.

In addition you will have David Higgins and Martin Rowe (former BRC champs) who are looking to aid their respective team's push for a championship, plus all the Chinese Locals as they fight for the drivers championship. Japanese driver Hideaki Miyoshi (3rd in IRC at Safari Rally Kenya) will also been in the fray.

Now for my personal editorial: I think having China as the final round of the IRC season was totally STUPID!

Why you ask? Due to the distance (farthest event by quite abit over Kenya) of travel and political situation, many teams would be hesititant to go race. Add on that the rally was subject to confirmation until just recently, plus they moved the event up from the last weekend in November.

Okay so there are not many IRC boys going to be there. Not a big deal, unless its the final round. What would have been a cool fight to see the Peugeot team mates Vouilloz and Garcia-Ojeda fight for the championship instead is a nothing event. Its basically just an APRC event (which is fine because I love the APRC), so why put it as the finale of your "up and coming" rally championship?
    May God Protect Rally Drivers and Co-Drivers
    laziostatistics.atspace.com

Liked 576 Times in 209 Posts
    Well the only real way around it would be to have a similar rule to the WRC in that all participants must enter all rounds of the championship...not sure if that would be popular...

Anyway, I seem to remember over the past few years that it is very difficult to get any information about this event. Seems to be the case again this year?
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Well the only real way around it would be to have a similar rule to the WRC in that all participants must enter all rounds of the championship...not sure if that would be popular...

Anyway, I seem to remember over the past few years that it is very difficult to get any information about this event. Seems to be the case again this year?

Tell me about it!! And I am competitng in it..
    At this stage there are no IRC contenders on the entry list, though 3 drivers have indicated they may enter for this event... We will see if they do when the cars arrive at the start.
    Rallying in China is extremely strong, with large entry numbers and a good number of overseas drivers competing. This round sees Juha Salo join the GT radials team in place of Richard Mason.
    In the APRC field there are 7 entries, namely:
    Cody Crocker
    Jussi Valimaki
    Katsu Taguchi
    Yanigasawa
    Rifat Sungkar
    Brian Green
    G. Gil
    Then the oversea drivers in the chinese championship include:
    David Higgins
    Martin Rowe
    Dean Herridge
    Juha Salo
    Plus a few Japanese drivers have entered this event.
    I will try to get an entry list of sorts up here for you asap
    RIP Malcolm ;( Hope you have an audi quattro up there.

Well it is a big disadvantage lets say if the rally China round will be run earlier in the IRC calendar next year and none of the IRC contenders (S2000) guys would have ever done China! Its like Loeb and Solberg not doing recce in Jordan for next year!

Even though it might cost, and the championship is all wrapped up from the previous round, still would be a great IRC round.

I think it should have been compulsory to compete. Have the rules where you have to compete or be disqualified with points or something rather like WRC, forgot what happens when someone/team doesn't compete in a WRC round. (?)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    News flash!!!!! Peugeot and Abarth aren't going to compete in China!

Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

lol

Do you like the IRC? You opinion Daniel?