Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Is Stoner riding with the #1 plate next year? It'd be a bit of a shame if he did I think.
    We understand your pessimism, it's natural

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osg
    wasn't wearing the #1 plate at the tests.........
    Not at the tests, no. But the 2007 Champions' photo has the #1 on the Ducati, as does a few more photos.

http://www.autosport.com/gallery/photo.php/id/90178

Just would be a shame if he raced with the less personable #1 instead of good old #27.

Interesting to note that no one in the last 10 years has won more than 1 race in their career after wearing the #1 plate. Doohan won nothing in '99 (different circumstances... but still) and onwards, Criville won 1 race in 2000 and nothing onwards, and Nicky hasn't won anything since his stint in the #1.

As well as being less personable to a rider, the obvious conclusion is that #1 plate is cursed!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well no one had one from pole position either during 07 until..... one certain
    young jedi. Records are made to be broken, I doubt Casey will be phased by others in the past carrying the curse of the black jelly bean

I think Mick won the odd race or 10 carrying #1. Creville and Hayden hmmm wont even bother in trying to compare them... different league altogether.

A shame??? Na far from it, Casey is sure to make #1 the new #27 and it will be right at home on the front of a red Ducati in 08 and well beyond mokin:
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Not at the tests, no. But the 2007 Champions' photo has the #1 on the Ducati, as does a few more photos.

Just would be a shame if he raced with the less personable #1 instead of good old #27.

Interesting to note that no one in the last 10 years has won more than 1 race in their career after wearing the #1 plate. Doohan won nothing in '99 (different circumstances... but still) and onwards, Criville won 1 race in 2000 and nothing onwards, and Nicky hasn't won anything since his stint in the #1.

As well as being less personable to a rider, the obvious conclusion is that #1 plate is cursed!
    I've always thought that Mallen........... it does seem moreso cursed in the top class, rather than the lower classes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny hurlock
    is it me or just lorenzo looks like a strom trooper in all that white, or look like the stig's biker cousin.
    The stig's biker cousin is called the Baron, lives in Nurburg and works for PB magazine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RDP fastest Honda, Dani and Hayseed wont like that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think that it shoud be required that the champ wear number one plate on the front fairing. the rider should be allowed to place the personal number elsewhere on the bike, but the number one should be on the bike up front ad center.
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who thought Casey would be in the middle of that picture one year ago.. Amazing (even though I'm not a fan of Casey)
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that the testing times mean very little at the moment, more just familiarisation for the new riders and testing a few new parts for remaining riders. Once we get closer to the season we will get a better idea of where everyone fits.
    On running the number 1 plate, I don't understand why a champion wouldn't do it. Stoner can run no. 27 any year but the number 1 is what differentiates him from the rest of the pack. Come on Casey, show the world who is champ and run the 1 plate next year.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sepang MotoGP test times - Thursday.

Thursday, 15th November 2007

Preparations for the 2008 MotoGP season continued with the start of a three-day test session at Sepang in Malaysia...

1. Randy de Puniet FRA Honda LCR 2min 3.033 secs
    2. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2min 3.357 secs
    3. Colin Edwards USA Yamaha Tech 3 2min 3.406 secs
    4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA JiR Team Scot 2min 3.607 secs
    5. Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 2min 3.748 secs
    6. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team 2min 4.068 secs
    7. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team 2min 4.164 secs
    8. John Hopkins USA Kawasaki Racing Team 2min 4.316 secs
    9. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team 2min 4.433 secs
    10. James Toseland GBR Yamaha Tech 3 2min 5.438 secs