Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    Stoner purposely handicapped his Ducati so that Pedrosa would win... Stoner wanted Pedrosa to bump Rossi down to 3rd in the final standings.

Rossi certainly doesn't have the monopoly on psyching out his opponents...

; )
    The thought certainly crossed my mind also as I was watching the Valencia race unfold. I certainly would not put it past Casey the young jedi...hes learnt from some of the best!

Hmmm reckon 08 could be the year for some serious psyching as the next generations pecking order is firmly established? It would appear that winter testing is going to show this to be the case.

Keeping an eye on Marco's progress closely also
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think there are problems with that theory.

1) Pedrosa kicked Stoner's backside.
    2) Stoner's far too cocky to take a dive.
    3) Rossi doesn't care anyway.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "Rossi doesn't care anyway" hmmm wonder why he switched to Bridgestones then

Cocky? please care to explain...

Dani was gifted #2 IMO and if so a damn smart game play for the off season phyc by Casey and Ducati. If I was in his position thats probably one of the smartest tactical moves to consider making pre-race, so just had to be done. Maybe not.....? but whatever the case its definetely ended being the best position for Casey to be in during the off season I reckon for any number of reasons.
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFX...
    "Rossi doesn't care anyway" hmmm wonder why he switched to Bridgestones then

Cocky? please care to explain...

Dani was gifted #2 IMO and if so a damn smart game play for the off season phyc by Casey and Ducati. If I was in his position thats probably one of the smartest tactical moves to consider making pre-race, so just had to be done. Maybe not.....? but whatever the case its definetely ended being the best position for Casey to be in during the off season I reckon for any number of reasons.
    without knowing what ArmchairBikeFan wanted to say this is how I understood his post

Stoner is cocky, all riders are cocky. Stoner wouldnt give away a win just to spite Rossi

Rossi doesn't care if he is 2nd 3rd or 20th, anything other than 1st isnt good enough, thats why he wants Bridgestones (that I think is a bad idea btw)
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    without knowing what ArmchairBikeFan wanted to say this is how I understood his post

Stoner is cocky, all riders are cocky. Stoner wouldnt give away a win just to spite Rossi

Rossi doesn't care if he is 2nd 3rd or 20th, anything other than 1st isnt good enough, thats why he wants Bridgestones (that I think is a bad idea btw)
    Exactly.

The other point was that there's no way Stoner was as quick as Pedrosa on the day. The teeny little Spaniard was outrageously quick all weekend.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stoner isn't cocky but he is confident. And the biggest flaw with the "throwing the race" conspiracy is that he would have hurt Vale far more by equalling his 11 wins for the season. Fact is, Dani was too quick for everyone.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    Stoner isn't cocky but he is confident. And the biggest flaw with the "throwing the race" conspiracy is that he would have hurt Vale far more by equalling his 11 wins for the season. Fact is, Dani was too quick for everyone.
    Ah yes but confidence would be the reason behind throwing a race, if it had been of course???.... Not so sure about hurting Vale more though than the wins? I would assume having Casey AND Dani in front on points would not sit to well him over the winter break? that on top of losing to Hayden last year and now the stress of switching to Bridgestone all on his lonsome Yamaha is pressure unlike he has faced previously. mokin:
    #1 #7 #13