Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JRC vs PCWRC

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    Yes and we should have few of them next year in PWRC.

Do you have rumours of names of drivers who intend to run PWRC with an S2000 in 2008 ???

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    Do you have rumours of names of drivers who intend to run PWRC with an S2000 in 2008 ???
    Anton Alen ?
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    What cars are S2000 cars, does anyone have a list?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that jwrc should be stopped and teams should concentrate on pwrc. There is absolutely no point to run two similar classes. Imagine if all jwrc drivers were driving among pwrc's all these years? I think that it would have been exciting and highly appreciated class. There alos the fact that in order to get talented drivers to perform with wrc-car pwrc is easier route. With 4wd drivers are much more near to wrc-style of driving and the step is not big. Some drivers from jwrc-background have struggled with wrc-car (Wilks for instance)
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    What cars are S2000 cars, does anyone have a list?
    VW polo S2000
    Toyota corolla s2000
    MG s2000
    Peugeot 207 S2000
    Fiat punto s2000

coming?
    Skoda fabia s2000
    Toyota auris s2000
    Ford fiesta s2000

Did I forgot any?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    Some drivers from jwrc-background have struggled with wrc-car (Wilks for instance)
    I don't understand, in my opinion Wilks has done excellent job in his Ramsport Focus!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZequeArgentina
    From my point of view,PWRC!!

JWRC has one strong asset: Loeb and Sordo came from there, but s said before PWRC had beter drivers choosing it in general, but level of drivers vary from year to year:

Just some examples:
    Latavla
    Stohl
    Galli
    Sola

and we we lok much back: Makinen
    We must remember:
    - Jari-Matti Latvala was actually in JWRC first (2004 with Suzuki) before going PWRC in 2006.
    - Manfred Stohl, although a long time Group N driver, spent 2001 in Super 1600 (driving Fiat Punto) before his 2004 PWRC campaign
    - Gigi Galli same as above except it was JWRC in 2002 for him.
    - Dani Sola was the 2002 JWRC champion driving a Citroen Saxo before his 2003 & 2004 PWRC (partly because at the time a former JWRC champion could not compete in the series again)

I think you have "better" drivers in PWRC because of the rules. Remember the age limit, so naturally more experienced (and older drivers) must drive in PWRC. I don't think there are too many great young drivers electing to be in the PWRC over JRC. Granted there is Aigner (he is OKAY), Juho Hänninen and Travis Pastrana (I think they took PWRC because it was Group N cars).

Still I think P-G Andersson can be a decent WRC guy if he gets a shot, Urmo Aava has scored twice this year in a Mitsubishi Lancer WRC (7th in Greece, 8th in New Zealand) and Martin Prokop has an outside chance of being an okay WRC driver (thanks to Citroen connection).

Finally, I do like the PWRC because of the cars and competition and I am so sick of those dumb little 2WD with their silly punctures. However, the annoying thing about the PWRC is that now you don't have to run the whole season (by that I mean all six nominated 8 events). Instead you have a bunch of guys splitting a season with a team and Toshi Arai winning half the time so the championship is a snoozer.
    May God Protect Rally Drivers and Co-Drivers
    laziostatistics.atspace.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think super 1600 should be a cheap class to step up to world championship before doing pwrc.

To do this the rules need to be changed. Either remove super 1600 cars and have only R3 or N, A6 etc or a simply rule change of the engine must use standard crank and rods. This will remove a great deal of cost since you can't rev the engine safely past 8200 and obviously the cost saving of not needing a 15,000 euro crankshaft. This way the cars still look cool and are very similar to R3 cars. Manufacturer teams should be banned from running in this champiosnhip since the cost should be low to encourage new drivers.

PWRC should be mainly Super 2000 works teams and private teams. The evo and subaru however boring compared to s2000 does have the benefit of being alot cheaper for private teams wanting to get experience out of europe.

So which is better?
    JWRC if you want to drive a WRC car.
    PWRC if you have lots of money because you can run S2000 which is the bet car after WRC.
    Looking for used motorsport parts? www.speedbitz.com