Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JRC vs PCWRC

MJW

JRC vs PCWRC

Can someone help me by putting a poll on this thread?
    Historically JWRC or JRC as it is now seems to have been the youngsters choice with in the early days PCWRC seemed more for "gentlemen drivers" Lately I think the PCWRC has attracted a younger entry, Aki Teiskonen, has been there, Juha Haninen, Patrick Flodin, Stuart Jones etc. also some fast young drivers Aigner, Brynildsen, Alen have gon ethe 4 wheel drive route. Looking at the various calendars for 2008 what are peoples opinions on which is the best future championship, not necessary as a chance to get a works drive, (we know that route is by chequebook!) Also no history lessons, Loeb & Sordo were JRC and look at where they are now, this is a poll for which championship will be the more competitive in the future, especially as Renault now have the R3, and what will happen to Suzuki Swift?

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    i think pwrc due to costs

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Can someone help me by putting a poll on this thread?
    Historically JWRC or JRC as it is now seems to have been the youngsters choice with in the early days PCWRC seemed more for "gentlemen drivers" Lately I think the PCWRC has attracted a younger entry, Aki Teiskonen, has been there, Juha Haninen, Patrick Flodin, Stuart Jones etc. also some fast young drivers Aigner, Brynildsen, Alen have gon ethe 4 wheel drive route. Looking at the various calendars for 2008 what are peoples opinions on which is the best future championship, not necessary as a chance to get a works drive, (we know that route is by chequebook!) Also no history lessons, Loeb & Sordo were JRC and look at where they are now, this is a poll for which championship will be the more competitive in the future, especially as Renault now have the R3, and what will happen to Suzuki Swift?
    The best future championship is IRC Now seriously. JWRC was perfect some years ago with many factories, but last year it is worse and worse. S1600 are still better than R3, but all manufacturers in S1600 are going away... Two years ago there were threat about cancelling JWRC, so thats why they allowed also N3 and other A6 cars and later R3. I think this championship is without future. The same is PCWRC - main problem of this championship is his price due to starts abroad of Europe.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like the PCWRC more, but i only follow stagetimes from first or second year drivers, who has potential to maybe become top drivers in WRC.
    I think it tells much about the drivers, if they can match carreer grN drivers like Arai right away, they have the pace needed, and also they can make good notes.
    The problem in theese series is that some year the entry is very good like this year, sometimes again not much to talk about.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Best future championship? From whose point of view?

JWRC was a good idea, to guarantee an entry to WRC events for drivers who otherwise might be left out with more experienced drivers filling the entry list. Now that the nominal cap of max 90 entries isn't that strict anymore this really isn't as big threat. JWRC really should have had cheaper cars, kit cars - even with some meagre cost-control and theoretical maximum price - soon outgrew too expensive for real juniors. Also, banning team involvement was good idea but has now been abandoned as well. All in all, as a first ladder to WRC some sort of junior stuff is good and needed but does current JWRC fit the bill? In my opinion, no.

PWRC is by definition much better at being the next tier. The only downfall it has traditionally has is the lack of competitive alternatives when it comes to cars. Only two makes have had good 4WD turbocharged car but with S2K now being admitted that is going to change. It takes more money but then again it should too, it's the one step ahead from JWRC and only second to WRCars.

If the championship is looked from afar, there should be a clear structure. First in as one-off entry, then to JWRC, to PWRC, to Manufacturer Team and finally to full Manufacturer team. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. Pay drivers skip the lower tiers and wins in lower tiers don't guarantee step up.

But back to original question, the answer is PWRC. 2WD atmospheric shopping carts really aren't interesting to a spectator and allow only limited experience for drivers.

MJW
    Personally I think competitors are voting for the 4 wd route. JRC cars are very expensive to maintain. Maybe there should be a heirarchy say R3 or C2R2 and Fiesta cup type thing, with cost controls not like JRC, as intro level then 4 wd N4, cars inc S2000, for people to follow a structure.

Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    From my point of view,PWRC!!

JWRC has one strong asset: Loeb and Sordo came from there, but s said before PWRC had beter drivers choosing it in general, but level of drivers vary from year to year:

Just some examples:
    Latavla
    Stohl
    Galli
    Sola

and we we lok much back: Makinen

all in works or semi-works teams now iniciated in PWRC.

What is athreath is the future mix of usual group N and S2000.

The new cars are mcuh faster as we can see in IRC, which is no good to Mitsu and Subaru who had longly supportd WRC ith the group N cars, all arround the world.

I think they should allow a bigger air restrictor in "usual" N4 cars (a gain in performance at no cost, or almost no cost)
    Zeque
    Argentina

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Because of S2000, I think PWRC is going to be the prefered choice for young drivers. I don't exactly know how much S2000 will cost or what's the cost comparison against S1600 but the fact that the future WRCars will be based on S2000 machines should make PWRC more attractive than JWRC.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    PWRC is probably better because there is no maximum age.

Can S2000 cars be used in PWRC?

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    Can S2000 cars be used in PWRC?
    Yes and we should have few of them next year in PWRC.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.