Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Herb to be at Homestead/other races

It'll be nice, Marty Roth will have someone to race with

Tracksideonline.com reporting John Herb will be at Homestead and 4-6 other oval events this year with his own team.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yikes!!! I don't know about you guys, but how concerned are you when you see top-notch drivers like Wheldon or Hornish racing for professional teams, on an oval track with guys like Roth and Herb running two-bit operations. Maybe its just me, but I worry about the safety of those involved on race weekends.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Be steady my heart...
    "Call Tony George, sell him your assets and save money, if not open-wheel racing."

Robin Miller

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    When you need 20 cars in a field to make it appealing, you look the other way at times. Marty shouldn't be racing at this level, and neither should Herb. Do we need another Dana incident?? At least Dana showed promise, I suspect Herb and Roth are chasing a dream that neither one will even come close to fulfilling...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    When you need 20 cars in a field to make it appealing, you look the other way at times. Marty shouldn't be racing at this level, and neither should Herb. Do we need another Dana incident?? At least Dana showed promise, I suspect Herb and Roth are chasing a dream that neither one will even come close to fulfilling...

Agreed, but at some point, its better press to start the season with 18 drivers and end it with them too.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Canada, I agree with you there. Another death in the IRL by some no hoper would just about expose this field filling stuff even if it isn't official IRL policy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do we need another Dana incident?? At least Dana showed promise, I suspect Herb and Roth are chasing a dream that neither one will even come close to fulfilling...
    Mark, you can't compare Dana and Roth & Herb. For me Paul Dana had a dream and he was very promising. he was an American rising star. He was ready to drive in IRL cause he finished second in the IPS standings in 2004. For me, IPS is the ladder-serie of the IRL so it must bring good promising drivers to the top (IRL). But Roth and Herb, I am completely agree with you. I don't really see why they are in IndyCar cause they are not promising and I also feel scared for the security of other drivers. Let's hope a 2007 season without another death.
    "To Accomplish Great Things, We Must Not Only Act, But Also Dream; Not Only Plan, But Also Believe."

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Champ, Dana should have been a good driver and in many ways we wont know how good he was. That said, I watched that accident over and over again because it was played too much, and I cant figure out what was going on in Dana's head. It has been beaten to death before how Dana never slowed down in a situation where he should have, but that is something that no one knows what happened. The point is Herb and Roth are not even in the same class with Dana, and if Dana could make one error in such a common situation, I shudder when I see Roth and Herb out there.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Champ, Dana should have been a good driver and in many ways we wont know how good he was. That said, I watched that accident over and over again because it was played too much, and I cant figure out what was going on in Dana's head. It has been beaten to death before how Dana never slowed down in a situation where he should have, but that is something that no one knows what happened. The point is Herb and Roth are not even in the same class with Dana, and if Dana could make one error in such a common situation, I shudder when I see Roth and Herb out there.....
    Mark, I agree with you. I remember last Indy 500. Herb couln't have the speed required for the qualifications so he gave his place to Yasukawa. Pretty scary if he couln't qualified last year and now he has the green flag to enter some races...all just to have some more cars and $$$$$$$$. Where is the security of the others drivers. If I was one of them, I would feel insecure all the time.
    "To Accomplish Great Things, We Must Not Only Act, But Also Dream; Not Only Plan, But Also Believe."

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    THis is the issue IRL fans have to pay attention to. It is one thing to have someone out there on a street course in Champ Car that shouldn't be there, it is bad, but often the wrecks are not too horrible, god knows PT proves you can walk away from 99% of them. The thing is, when you are flat out at most of the IRL ovals, seeing a guy who makes bad judgement calls has to scare someone out there racing against them. That is the true tragedy, that there isn't enough good solid race drivers to go around to staff both series.