Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Shocking.

I consider it part of my duty as a (responsible) speccie to alert oncoming cars to potential danger or minimise the danger to them. That's really really bad.....
    Yep, me too.. Ultimately as the driver its my responsibility to get through the stage in one piece and I guess Im just trying to learn from it.. what went wrong and where, which is why Im talking about it on here. I just feel a bit hard done by..
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    On the other hand: I think it is a little bit difficult to ask from the publich to generally(NB) warn the drivers. If this where to be the accepted way, many would missuse it in order to disturb the rythm for some. For myself, as a driver, I would also wonder: where is the problem. it is difficult to wave: "Don´t cut". I think this question only comes down to one serious question: if the notes are provided from the organiser, they must be of very high quality.
    I think consistant high quality is what we look for and should expect, yesterday had neither.. the difference in interpretation of corner severity between the 1st and 2nd stages was so unbelievably different it was as though 2 different people had written the notes (Which wasnt the case) My Co-driver was swearing his head off convinced he'd lost his place in the notes.. he hadn't.
    When they announced the stage was cancelled after the 1st ten cars went off on that corner and someone was taken away in an ambulance they must have known there was a problem with the notes.. before they decided to re-open the stage for its next ten victims with no warning.. nothing.

Noel pointed out to me..
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157
    Moot point I know but did the notes say "cut"? It's easy with hindsight but I always thought stay on the road unless instructed otherwise and with "rock on outside" that would generally indicate to take some care through the corner rather than simply use the inside verge of the corner. Better luck next time.
    To which my reply was..

Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    Fair point.. All the other carnage corner victims said exact same thing tho.. some were even talking of sueing the guy who wrote the notes!
    It said neither "cut", "dont cut" nor "rock on inside" which was unusual.
    The fact that the rock on the inside was closer to the road than the noted one on the outside was very poor. and makes it a sore one to take.
    The fact that even the course car rolled plus the 20 competitors also points to dodgy notes Imo.. Anyway.. no point in getting upset about it, you just examine what went wrong and where and try and learn from it.
    As I said.. Im not looking for a scapegoat.. or am I?.. am I right in feeling agrieved.. or is it just sour grapes? What would you expect from your notes and/or the organisers in my situation?
    Just seeking to work out what went wrong, hear a few opinions on what happened on here.. and learn from it. Life goes on. The highs and lows of rallying I guess..

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    The pacenotes in Norway made by Bruno Berglund are to good so no one realy goes off anymore it seems, atleast not 20 cars in one place. Did you get to do recce? When i look bak at the crash my dad's roadcar i think it was actualy quite cool, probably watch to much rally
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Quote Originally Posted by SUBARUNORWAY1
    The pacenotes in Norway made by Bruno Berglund are to good so no one realy goes off anymore it seems, atleast not 20 cars in one place. Did you get to do recce? When i look bak at the crash my dad's roadcar i think it was actualy quite cool, probably watch to much rally
    No, we dont have recce's on clubman events over here.. its actually illegal, if you get caught.. event expulsion and big fine.

I believe its to keep the costs down to keep the sport alive... all the more reason to have high quality and consistant notes provided by the organisers Imo..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry to hear it Zico... but thats rallying!
    Hope you can get the car back in one peice soon and that your brother isnt too p1ssed off!
    Try and not let it dent your confidence too much it happens to everyone sooner or later. its a fine line between a bit of a moment and your car being a ball of scrap. Even Loeb crashed his car three rallies in a row when he was younger...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That is rallying.

Always expect the unexpected.

Risk is taken by the competitors and enjoyed by the spectators. I love both the roles.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My very 1st event.. any tips?

flat out.... dont even think of lifting your foot of the gas.....

... beat the millionaire gentleman subaru wrc driver by 4 minutes in your talbot sunbeam.. get his attention.. and he sponsors you the whole way to the top.

Otherwise, its a money pit.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cheer up Zico, s##t happens, anyway you earned some new experience and something to remember.
    Hope to see "My second event" topic from you soon
    \"Dopelar Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when you approach them quickly enough.\"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm very sorry to hear Zico, I understand you're pissed off and I am sure the guy who wrote the notes won't be feeling very well, I'd like to think he just made a mistake, a costly one, but nothing more than that.

I really hope you are both Ok (which seems to be the case ) and the car is not that bad.

As shurik I am waiting for the "My second event, what will be the problem now " thread.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Yep, I've come realise that its not really the note takers fault despite the number of victims it claimed.. When I came over the crest I saw it as the line everyone else was taking.. and that the "danger" was for the noted rock on the outside and as there wasnt a "No Cut" or "Rock inside" in the notes for this corner I followed them... probably compounded by the fact that the bushes and trees which had been ripped up made the corner appear wider than it was previously when the notes were 1st published.
    You make decisions based on the notes and what you see... then you are on it only to find that the scenary has been re-arranged... by then its too late

My brother has been unbelievably brilliant about it and doesnt blame me for what happened at all and maintains that its just part of rallying.. for which Im extremely greatfull.
    The car was due to be fully stripped down to the bare metal and have extensive work done to it or reshelled anyhow... now its definately the latter as he wants to get it back on the go after the Spring, keep the damaged one as a spare while he repairs it at his leisure. I've just got to help source a good replacement shell and help him in any way I can.
    Cheers for the supportive comments guys.. you are a sound bunch.