Yep, I've come realise that its not really the note takers fault despite the number of victims it claimed.. When I came over the crest I saw it as the line everyone else was taking.. and that the "danger" was for the noted rock on the outside and as there wasnt a "No Cut" or "Rock inside" in the notes for this corner I followed them... probably compounded by the fact that the bushes and trees which had been ripped up made the corner appear wider than it was previously when the notes were 1st published.
You make decisions based on the notes and what you see... then you are on it only to find that the scenary has been re-arranged... by then its too late

My brother has been unbelievably brilliant about it and doesnt blame me for what happened at all and maintains that its just part of rallying.. for which Im extremely greatfull.
The car was due to be fully stripped down to the bare metal and have extensive work done to it or reshelled anyhow... now its definately the latter as he wants to get it back on the go after the Spring, keep the damaged one as a spare while he repairs it at his leisure. I've just got to help source a good replacement shell and help him in any way I can.
Cheers for the supportive comments guys.. you are a sound bunch.