Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts

2007 championship, Loeb or Gronholm?

After the first day of rally Japan, Gronholm is already out of the rally and Loeb is in 2nd.

If he finishes where he is he will have a 4 point lead in the championship and with rally Ireland being tarmac there is a good chance he could win there.

Loeb has never won rally GB, but Gronholm has won twice. Even if he wins it this year it might not be enough towin the championship it Loeb wins in Ireland and if Loeb finishes on the podium in GB.

I think Loeb will win the campionship this year.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    I can't see Loeb losing it now, he's already had his annual mistake in Sardinia.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    I can't see Loeb losing it now, he's already had his annual mistake in Sardinia.
    He actualy made 2 this year.. Even if the one in Norway was not as costly (6 point against 12).

He will win except if he gets a DNF on one of the last 3 rallies.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xavier
    He actualy made 2 this year.. Even if the one in Norway was not as costly (6 point against 12).
    Sure, but he still finished. Also Ford didn't ask Hirvonen to let Marcus past, so that's two points less lost as well.

I did think at the time that Malcolm Wilson was wrong not to have team orders... other events too but I forget which. Germany for one.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    ....Germany for one.
    How? Hirvonenen finished allready when it happend.

And why? Do we now look back and say if, if? O come on. We live in a this is world. Fact is telling what we have. For Gronholm it is a pitty. I want to see him as Champion too, but he don't helped him self now. That is more important then a teamboss who said to a teammate slowdown.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes it appears to be in Loebs hands.The preparation for RI has demonstrated that Loeb has mastered the nature of the roads, whereas Gronholm dosent appear comfortable and I dont think a two day test in the IOM will be sufficient, thus more points dropped to Loeb and too much to do at RGB.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Well, like MikeD said, it ain't over till fat lady sing. I won't count Marcus out until rally GB is over. No matter what the points are.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Loeb's method of driving makes mistakes almost impossible, if I was a betting man, I would bet on Loeb becoming champion again.
    In anticipation of the next corner...

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    There is allways the Kimi factor... Besides, two more days in Japan and two rallies after that so it anyones game. Although sad to say, at this moment Loeb is the favourite

Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fischer
    Loeb's method of driving makes mistakes almost impossible, .
    What? He has a method to drive at that speed but mistakes "almost impossible"? How is that?
    As far as I consider, he knows how to be very close to the lmit but not overdriving.
    Zeque
    Argentina