Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    Yes! If one is to comcern themselves with such things, accentuate the positive. Kimi's English is distinctly his. I love it when he uses the phrases like "I think so it is" as opposed to proper English "I think it is"

I just watched the post race interview. Kimi was very articulate in this ad lib session. Kimi has a better command of the English language than Massa does! So what! What real racing fan actually gives a $#!+?

AndyRAC said
    "Maybe that's what's wrong with F1. One man having far too much power and influence. It could be said to be unhealthy. Yes I would've preferred Hamilton to win the championship, but great for Kimi. So what if he doesn't speak, tough, deal with it. His job first and foremost is to drive quicker than anybody else. If there's one thing about modern sport and F1 in particular it's all this image and hype. Let the action do the talking,...."

I also think so!
    I agree with all of that, too. However, I still think it's wrong to criticise what Bernie said on this matter, given that (a) it is founded in fact, (b) his opinions are hardly outlandish, and (c) many people think exactly the same as he appears to.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Many people felt the same way as Hitler appeared to!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bernard a it again?, Kinda funny to see, as Kimi it is one of the most beloved drivers in F1, even when he barely speaks to anyone, but he doesn't need to speak a lot to be popular, that's part of his charm. As for Bernard, man, you are such a box full of surprises.

PS. Bernie STFU for once.
    Eau Rouge@Spa-Francorchamps

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Bernie is a very smart cookie. He started with nothing as a used car salesman. His ethics and antics may be a little questionable at times but he made F1 the huge success it is. Before Bernie it was stumbling along keeping the real fans semi happy but the general public knew from nothing. Bernie got F1 on international TV. Before Bernie some countries got to see Monaco but not much else. I do not like him or even like what F1 has become but he made it popular world wide and made the team owners very rich in the process, not to say he didn't profit even more.
    I was in 2 F1 factories in the mid 70's. One was a rabbit warren of buildings in a scuzzy industrial mall. The F1 and 2 mechanics were let go at the end of the season and hired back at lower salaries to build the production race cars. One owner was Mad Max. The other 'factory' was a WW2 Quonset hut and the winter team was the team owner and 2 mechanics. There were part timers in the evenings.
    I think we will see Kimi develop more public personality over time. Watch his eyes. There is a little twinkle there when he makes some of his comments.
    A bit like Mika but not as noticeable. If you really listened to what Mika said and watched his eyes along with his sly grin he often was actually being funny in a very dry way. I think Kimi will develop the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    Bernie is a very smart cookie. He started with nothing as a used car salesman. His ethics and antics may be a little questionable at times but he made F1 the huge success it is. Before Bernie it was stumbling along keeping the real fans semi happy but the general public knew from nothing. Bernie got F1 on international TV. Before Bernie some countries got to see Monaco but not much else. I do not like him or even like what F1 has become but he made it popular world wide and made the team owners very rich in the process, not to say he didn't profit even more.
    I was in 2 F1 factories in the mid 70's. One was a rabbit warren of buildings in a scuzzy industrial mall. The F1 and 2 mechanics were let go at the end of the season and hired back at lower salaries to build the production race cars. One owner was Mad Max. The other 'factory' was a WW2 Quonset hut and the winter team was the team owner and 2 mechanics. There were part timers in the evenings.
    I think we will see Kimi develop more public personality over time. Watch his eyes. There is a little twinkle there when he makes some of his comments.
    A bit like Mika but not as noticeable. If you really listened to what Mika said and watched his eyes along with his sly grin he often was actually being funny in a very dry way. I think Kimi will develop the same way.
    I think you just submitted a very interesting, thoughtful, and revealing post.
    My view varies with yours only in that I dont think Kimi is uninteresting,
    There is nothing wrong with his sense of humor!
    And, when he says something you can pretty much believe it is the truth
    (at least as far as he is informed, or cares)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Irreplaceable

Bernie understands the value of controversy. I think when the manufacturers were considering setting up their own rival series, Bernie was the one thing they didn't feel they could replace. So they are paying 60% of all F1 income for him!!!
    To a guy with a new hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Quote Originally Posted by passmeatissue
    Bernie understands the value of controversy. I think when the manufacturers were considering setting up their own rival series, Bernie was the one thing they didn't feel they could replace. So they are paying 60% of all F1 income for him!!!
    What is the value of controvercy? If it is controversy for the sake of controversy,
    it's bulls**t If it's controversy to insure that pedestrian fans have a level of understand they can relate to
    than it is something that I'm going to guess the term for went out of vouge before you were even born,
    It's Plastic!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    There are times when Bernie, like Max, should keep their opinions private, especially when they favor one team or driver.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Offcourse Bernie would like to have a champion with Eddie Ervines mouth who could drive a car, but a guy in his position should not take sides or favor anyone, his opinion is not the same as average spectators.
    But good championships still comes by driving not by talking about driving.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    Kimi seems to be kind of shy and uncomfortable in front of the cameras. Perhaps he'll open up more as time goes on. Remember, he came from McLaren where every word was to be accounted for. He is a lot more talkative in his Ferrari interviews.

Personally, I don't care if he is a great orator - I'd rather see him do his talking on the track!
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty