Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Race:The WTCC Game problems

I recently bought Race from GAME. After a while of problems relating to the installation of something called Steam I may be getting somewhere with regard to installation of the actual point of the thing; the game.

But after setting up a Steam account somehow, I cannot get past something called the Product Activation Wizard.

There is an Activation Key on the back of the mannual. Is this it? If so it keeps on saying it is invalid. I know the printing of the Key is badly done to the extent as it says "I" "1" and "L" look the same.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Presumably there will be a helpline number you can call? Not sure if you can call from Spain, tho.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's OK now. A few minutes ago I found the place where I was supposed to put it.

Now I face another problem. Do you have to be on the Internet to play it Mark?

If so it will be very costly for those who are on dialup and aren't on a priceplan that is easy on the pocket, and very timely for those, like me, who are on a priceplan which is easy on the pocket (On TalkTalk I pay a set cost regardless of time on of about £29 which is put on the landline bill) but are still on dialup.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    It's OK now. A few minutes ago I found the place where I was supposed to put it.

Now I face another problem. Do you have to be on the Internet to play it Mark?
    I have no idea. I've never heard of the thing.

If so it will be very costly for those who are on dialup and aren't on a priceplan that is easy on the pocket, and very timely for those, like me, who are on a priceplan which is easy on the pocket (On TalkTalk I pay a set cost regardless of time on of about £29 which is put on the landline bill) but are still on dialup.
    Most people are on broadband now. If you are on dialup, then more fool you.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Speak to Daniel about Steam and online gaming. I am not sure how it all works but he will fill you in. We played the demo and enjoyed it heaps, you should have seen how chuffed we were to get a car round Paddock Hill Bend at full pelt without ending up in the gravel
    Flonkkkk.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'll be surprised if dial-up will support online gaming as the speed is diabolical, but I'd wait for Daniel's advice.

If you're paying £29 per month just for dial-up access then you need serious help That sort of money would buy you line rental, broadband and probably some telly too.

Have a look on the forums of http://www.moneysavingexpert.com for some sage advice.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Most people are on broadband now. If you are on dialup, then more fool you.
    Saying "more fool you" has hurt me deeply.

Do you not know I have put the idea to mother who is the one to pay the bill and she has dismissed the idea completely unaware of how much better life would be with broadband allround? I would have a much improved performance from my modem and I could go on for as long as I want for a set price and the landline would be completely free.

On the issue of the price she pays I do not know how much it is set at but I can go on for as long as I want and we pay a set price.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i buy the game and when i go to launch it it tells me this

Race_steam 1.2.3.0 has crashed
    x please submit the file
    'Minidump\Race_Steam_1.2.3.0-20070630-003216-972-2404.dmp'
    along with a description of what you think could have caused the crash to
    a developer near you
    what i have to do

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Glad I checked this out. I can't offer any help as I was looking to get the game myself. Might change my mind now!!!!

BatRacer: Real racing in 5 minutes :cool:

More points from that last race than the previous 6!!!! Winning is cool :cool:

BatRacer: Edge of your seat stuff. :cool:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Never had any of those problems, not sure what would cause them.