Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osg
    Vale will be on Bridgestones....... you can take that to the bank.
    Doesnt make a lot of sense to be only Yam on BS... or would he be?
    JB and Val will have a little homework to do in the off season then I reckon if thats proven to be the case...
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFX...
    Doesnt make a lot of sense to be only Yam on BS... or would he be?
    JB and Val will have a little homework to do in the off season then I reckon if thats proven to be the case...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63408

Bridgestone set to confirm Rossi deal

By Toby Moody Friday, October 19th 2007, 09:51 GMT

Valentino Rossi looks set to switch to Bridgestone tyres for 2008, with paddock sources at Sepang indicating that a deal has been finalised with the Japanese company.

The former champion wanted the same tyres as title winner Stoner for next year after the problems he encountered with Michelins throughout this season.

Finishing 30 seconds behind US GP winner Stoner, and yet still being fourth and the top Michelin finisher at Laguna Seca was believed to be the final straw for the Italian.

Autosport.com understands that the deal is done and that the paperwork just needs to be signed and sealed ready for an announcement next Wednesday.

Rossi's move is likely to avert the possibility of a single tyre rule being implemented in MotoGP. A decision had been due on this matter during the Sepang weekend, although with just 18 days remaining before the end of the season it seemed unlikely to be adopted.

The deal means that Rossi will be the sole Yamaha on Bridgestones and therefore the first-ever Yamaha MotoGP bike to use them, while the other three works Yamahas next year will continue on Michelins.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    get ready for a season with mandatory pit stops just so we might see any overtaking, ala F1??????
    AAARRRRHHHH!!!!!

that would be my nightmare coming true if it ever happens

I used to be such a massive f1 fan, but as the strategies destroyed the racing in the late 90s I found a better alternative in bikes
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I want to know why a grid marshall didn't tell Westy to move across a metre, or whatever it was before the race started? He was one of the first riders back on the grid ffs fecking shattered..

Anyway, the usual 2007 Stoner domination and a pretty boringish race.. Not as bad as some of the others this year though Looks damn hot over there, tough work, respect to all
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    **shakes head** ....... arrghhh Westy. Why oh why????

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ultimately it's Ant's stuff-up, but he was one of the first riders back so had no-one else to judge from. How hard would it have been for a marshall to tell him to move across one spot?

It was a good race and nice to see the leaders much closer together. Also great to see team Green now seemingly a genuine regular top 5 runner. Looks good for next year. It was interesting to hear in the post-race interviews that both Stoner and Melandri were pushing so hard that they had to save crashes on a couple of occasions which, looking from the race on TV, they all looked to be running on rails. Nice to see Chris the V beat Hopkins too.

Finally, on the talk that Vale will be getting Bridgestone tyres next year. This is despite both Bridgestone not wanting to supply him and Rossi's pit chief, Jerry Burgess, wanting to remain with Michelin so that all the Yamaha's are on the same rubber and they can develop with Michelin as they're partner. Rossi on Bridgestones undermines that. Valentino's thoughts on JB's opinion is that 'Jerry doesn't want to make hard decisions'. Bridgestone have been urged to supply Rossi by Dorna, or the possibility of a Michelin control tyre may become greater. What a crock. When asked by a journalist what would happen if Bridgestone wouldn't supply him, he replied 'I have a decision to make'. Since when can a rider dictate how, and with whom, a team runs? I am so sick of the powers that be trying to orchestrate things in Rossi's favour, simply because he is popular. Leave teams to make their own decisions and developments and if Rossi doesn't like it, he can get stuffed! I hope Lorenzo kicks his ass next year, regarless of what tyres he's on.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Based on Dani and Nickys Hondas at Sepang and P.I. why would Rossi want Bridgestones? the Michelins will be fine come next season with further testing. The BS aint going to make the Yamaha go faster....

Would be ironic eh if Hor Hay ends up being faster on the Yam Michelin.... Will Rossi then switch back to Michelin??? too funny
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can see Michelin pulling out all the stops to make Rossi look a fool if he switches.

Rossi is clutching at straws - the Yamaha is not a great package and Bridgestone tyres won't suddenly magic it better especially with only 1 Yam on Bridgestones. For all that Edwards has been slow this year he's a good tyre tester - I wonder if Rossi will demand that he is on them too?

Will Bridgestone really make that much effort to develop a tyre that works well for one bike? They don't care who wins the championship as long as it's a Bridgestone shod bike. Ducati showed trust in Bridgestone when they weren't competitive. Bridgestone will naturally put most development behind them - I expect Stoner or Melandri to win in 2008.

It'll be interesting to see how this impacts on Toseland and Lorenzo - if I was Michelin I would be wanting them to beat Rossi week in week out.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I could not agree more... sounds to be the rantings of an increasingly desperate ex-champ?

Bottom line is what the hell is Rossi, JB and Yamaha actually doing to rectify the lack of grunt HP??? they have a huge task to get back on the pace let alone be able to run head to head with Ducati in 08! meanwhile Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki may just already have a good head start on em. Its upto the main factory supported rider/s and their team to offer constructive testing feedback to the factory no? what are they doing? it would seem going backwards fast?? strange indeed especially considering JB being probably the best/experienced crew chief in the paddock!

Running two bikes next year, one on BS and the other on Michelin is gotta be one of the strangest moves possible I have seen in a long while if constructive quick development is Yamahas priority?
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I could not agree more... sounds to be the rantings of an increasingly desperate ex-champ?

Bottom line is what the hell is Rossi, JB and Yamaha actually doing to rectify the lack of grunt HP??? they have a huge task to get back on the pace let alone be able to run head to head with Ducati in 08! meanwhile Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki may just already have a good head start on em. Its upto the main factory supported rider/s and their team to offer constructive testing feedback to the factory no? what are they doing? it would seem going backwards fast?? strange indeed especially considering JB being probably the best/experienced crew chief in the paddock!

Running two bikes next year, one on BS and the other on Michelin is gotta be one of the strangest moves possible I have seen in a long while if constructive quick development is Yamahas priority?
    Who is Rossi ?????

Well he is only the best rider to have ever taken part in the top class of motorcycle racing, and even an ossie like you should admit to that ? Stoner has ha a great season and is a worthy champ, but befor ethis season what has he done nothing.

Rossi wants a competitive bike he is a genius but there is only so much you can do, and considering all that he has worked some miracles this season assen to name just 1, so come on get off his back, he is still the best and will be until stoner is champ another 4 times maybe then we can talk about him in the same breath as Rossi.
    mokin: mokin: mokin: