Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

No BTCC on Brands GP (again)

As usual the BTCC's cancelled its scheduled event on the Brands Hatch GP circuit. Using both layouts is the typical justification for going to Brands twice yet we've only been on the GP layout twice in 8 years now!
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think you'll find the main justification for going to Brands twice is that a large number of people live in that area of the country, so two visits are warranted. Alan Gow has stated as such in the past.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is a shame that they won't use the Grand Prix circuit but the Indy circuit is a good track and is excellent for spectating.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well there's Vauxhall advantage gone....
    Is it me or has the BTCC turned into the Jason Plato show a lot in the last few years or so?

It would of been nice to have the full circuit used.
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last years WTCC round at brands on the GP circuit I thought was an awesome spectacle. I still believe that the GP circuit is one of the most exciting circuits in the world. I do have to agree with the last poster on one point, it does help the Seats out big time, but I don't think that would be a deliberate ploy. I think you will see the Honda's being very quick this year, and for me, with the amount of BMW's on the grid, if they are in the top ten on the grid, the Seats will have no chance getting into paddock first, and as we all know Brands provides thrills and spills every time. So on the plus side think about the quality of the racing rather than the disappointment.
    Erik Edman - 35 yard screamer - am I seeing things?

www.ex.ac.uk - probably the best university in the world.

Come on TC, Rydell and Paffett.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    What's the point in the GP circuit now that Dingle Dell has been ruined. I know that Thommo had a big accident there and the bikers didn't like it but it really was a fantastic corner.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmarsh
    Last years WTCC round at brands on the GP circuit I thought was an awesome spectacle.
    Not really. There was bugger all overtaking tbh.
    You are not a salmon:!:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ur not a salmon
    You are not a salmon
    Glad to hear it.
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    As usual the BTCC's cancelled its scheduled event on the Brands Hatch GP circuit. Using both layouts is the typical justification for going to Brands twice yet we've only been on the GP layout twice in 8 years now!
    Reading the piece and Alan Gow's quote "due entirely to circumstances beyond the BTCC's control" suggests to me this was not of the BTCC's doing? He also hints at his own disappointment.

VX Rules: is it me or did Giovanardi not win twice at Brands last autumn and also finish ahead of Plato in race 3?

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    What's the point in the GP circuit now that Dingle Dell has been ruined. I know that Thommo had a big accident there and the bikers didn't like it but it really was a fantastic corner.
    That's sort of my view too. It's lost a bit of its magic as a circuit now. Still great, though.