Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grugsticles
    Agreed on Sardinia! Someone tell my why this event was allowed to be included in the first place? Its... well... boring.

From what Ive heard of Ireland, its something a bit different (narrow mainly wet tarmac roads) which is the main reason why a rally should be included.
    I also like the classic events (Monte, Sweden, Finland, NZ, Wales) and the idea of split surface events (like the Portugal of old).
    Other than that, I think Norway should get a second running. Its just too bad that weathern doesnt allow it to be moved later in the calendar so as to break up the 3 'snow' events.
    I think Rally Australia 2008 will be guite a decent event in terms of the roads.
    From my limited knowledge of the area where the stages are held, they could certianly make for some interesting battles/results/tyre selections (hot one minute, pissing with rain 2 mins later, then hot and humid 10 mins after that).

I feel that the seemingly whole tarmac focus of the last half of the season is not a good thing. They need to be broken up a bit.
    I've wondered why the Tarmac events are all grouped in one block. Why aren't any of them held in the summer? What about Germany in winter/autumn? In fact why don't Germany move the Rally to the mountains?

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 650 Times in 350 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    In fact why don't Germany move the Rally to the mountains?
    Do you know history of the Rally Deutschland? If you would, then you'd know why it's there where it currently is.

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N
    They will decide if Rally Cyprus or Poland get the last slot in 2008, this should be decided on 24th October, so in a weeks time we should get the final calendar.
    Some rumours suggest that neither will be selected, and there will only be 15 events in 2008.

MJW

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by COD
    Some rumours suggest that neither will be selected, and there will only be 15 events in 2008.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see 15 events next year,

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka
    Do you know history of the Rally Deutschland? If you would, then you'd know why it's there where it currently is.
    Can't say I do, though I'm sure it's 2 Rallies joined together, though maybe I'm confusing it with another Rally. Sorry, I don't know.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grugsticles
    Agreed on Sardinia! Someone tell my why this event was allowed to be included in the first place? Its... well... boring.
    Please tell us why you think Sardinia is boring.
    As for Australia 2008, how can that be included in the WRC calendar without having been run as event at all, including as a state or an Australian round before?
    It doesn't matter how good the credentials of the organisers are, an event in my opinion still needs to be run and judged on it's sucess or otherwise before it can considered for the WRC or any other championship.
    The recent Rally of the Great Lakes at Forster, NSW, Australia, is probably a good example of this.

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cossie16
    Please tell us why you think Sardinia is boring.
    As for Australia 2008, how can that be included in the WRC calendar without having been run as event at all, including as a state or an Australian round before?
    It doesn't matter how good the credentials of the organisers are, an event in my opinion still needs to be run and judged on it's sucess or otherwise before it can considered for the WRC or any other championship.
    The recent Rally of the Great Lakes at Forster, NSW, Australia, is probably a good example of this.
    That is a pretty long bow being drawn there. Great Lakes Rally failed as an ARC event for a number of reasons but none of that organising staff are involved in the planning or running of Rally Australia, who are made up largely of original Perth based organisers.

As an insider, I know there has been consultation on alot of levels about the running of Rally Australia with all tiers of governments. They are not leaving much to chance. Where as GLR was run in a vacuum, left hand not knowing what the right was doing & many basic organising principles ignored.

Plus there has been club rallying for the past two years, with many Queensland State level guys sampling one area that will be used by Rally Australia. It is not a complete unknown. We know what abuse the roads can handle (which is alot) & that it will be a fast & exciting event come next September.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka
    What's so special about that history?
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cossie:
    Well, maybe its just me but from what ive seen on TV the stages just seem to be reasonably flat and smooth for a rally that is supposed to be a hot/dusty/rough rally.
    Maybe its becasue the rougher sections arnt shown on camera, maybe my definition of a harsh rally is more like the safari of old, and maybe im wrong completly, but, you gotta admit that the rally itself has NO descerning feature at all where as a spectator can watch a bit of footage/look a a pic and say that that is definatly Rally Sardinia.

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    It will be interesting to see what insight is given for the 2009 'rotation' for the WRC calendar.

Personally, I hope to see that concept dropped to ensure greater stability. Just as long as there is a round on every possible continent.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"