Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WRC calendar 2008

When will the final WRC calendar be published? Anyone knows?

Are there some changes expected / possible especially in the second half of the season to the actual draft?

Thanks for the info!

Liked 1,044 Times in 302 Posts

Smile

The World Council will have a meeting in October (next week i think). After there will be a final calendar for 2008.

I'm also already waiting for the confirmed dates to check flights etc. for 2008.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    The F1A decide the F1 dates, then everything else is arranged to fit in around them. So I would assume the dates will be confirmed soon.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    The F1A decide the F1 dates, then everything else is arranged to fit in around them. So I would assume the dates will be confirmed soon.
    2007 WRC calendar was decided upon before the 2007 F1 calendar but that is unlikely to happen again.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    I am also waiting for it so I can book flights for next year

Pretty sure of the dates anyway, but you never know.....
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They will decide if Rally Cyprus or Poland get the last slot in 2008, this should be decided on 24th October, so in a weeks time we should get the final calendar.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N
    They will decide if Rally Cyprus or Poland get the last slot in 2008, this should be decided on 24th October, so in a weeks time we should get the final calendar.
    What do you think Rally Cyprus' chance of coming back to the WRC is?
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well, not good, but there is still a chance. Apart from the incidents on SS1 and SS2, the rest of the event went well, so I don't know what FIA thinks about the whole thing. I would say that Poland has more of chance entering the WRC than Cyprus at the moment.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    If I were in charge, I would replace boring Spain with Sanremo and put another snow event insted of Sardinia
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    If I were in charge, I would replace boring Spain with Sanremo and put another snow event insted of Sardinia
    Agreed on Sardinia! Someone tell my why this event was allowed to be included in the first place? Its... well... boring.

From what Ive heard of Ireland, its something a bit different (narrow mainly wet tarmac roads) which is the main reason why a rally should be included.
    I also like the classic events (Monte, Sweden, Finland, NZ, Wales) and the idea of split surface events (like the Portugal of old).
    Other than that, I think Norway should get a second running. Its just too bad that weathern doesnt allow it to be moved later in the calendar so as to break up the 3 'snow' events.
    I think Rally Australia 2008 will be guite a decent event in terms of the roads.
    From my limited knowledge of the area where the stages are held, they could certianly make for some interesting battles/results/tyre selections (hot one minute, pissing with rain 2 mins later, then hot and humid 10 mins after that).

I feel that the seemingly whole tarmac focus of the last half of the season is not a good thing. They need to be broken up a bit.