Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    In some places you don't need to necessarily service by the side of the road. Many places like Australia have big open places where a small service can be done. Safely too!
    The problem is not only security, the problem is also costs. With a TIR truck and one big Van you can have a service park for two cars. But if you would be allowed to have service between all stages, then... let's see, One TIR Truck, 6 big Vans and of course, mechanics and engeneers in enough number to have a service properly done. And of course, you will have to multiply the spares for 3x.
    Three gears are enough!

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fudd
    As for transmissions, speccing a single unit for S2000 which are all front wheel drive is one thing, doing it for 4WD cars that have to made from 2WD is just not practical , bearing in mind that the Subaru is a totally different animal to the others as far as engine layout goes.
    S2000 is 4WD class, made from 2WD.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fudd
    As for transmissions, speccing a single unit for S2000 which are all front wheel drive is one thing, doing it for 4WD cars that have to made from 2WD is just not practical , bearing in mind that the Subaru is a totally different animal to the others as far as engine layout goes.
    The S2000 cars have 4wd but, granted, they are all homologated from transversely-mounted four-cylinder cars... but for the WRC there could be something, like standard diffs, electronics, brakes, dampers, ...

Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    The problem is not only security, the problem is also costs. With a TIR truck and one big Van you can have a service park for two cars. But if you would be allowed to have service between all stages, then... let's see, One TIR Truck, 6 big Vans and of course, mechanics and engeneers in enough number to have a service properly done. And of course, you will have to multiply the spares for 3x.
    They could regulate the number of people allowed on a service team in total, and the number of vehicles/spares.
    Give Leon a kick and tell him to get to work!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonBrooke
    They could regulate the number of people allowed on a service team in total, and the number of vehicles/spares.
    ...and the we will have a rally on stages with rallycars and another rally on liasions with the service cars trying to go from one stage to another because the limit of service cars allowed. And will still be an increase in costs.

The only solution is the flexi service.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    Stupid idea this of pennaltys in service. WRC will be like F1... decided on pits!!!

We want to see the rallyes decided on stages and not on services.

There are thousand of ways of reducing costs without changing the rally format. And by the way, service parks ar not done to spectators views... CosmicPanda if you want action go to the stages and don't ask action os service parks. Service parks are to mantain the cars, nothing more. Wich strange argument to defend the pannaltys in Servoce parks because sometimes they don't have action.... this is worst than i tought.
    Thierry
    La violence est le dernier refuge de l'incompétence

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have to say that I find it pretty hard to believe that manufacturers are not focusing on durability when making parts to cars. Well, I mean I can imagine Skoda hasn't been doing this and we all can see the results, but I could imagine that Citroen has focused on durability as well as high performance.

I mean I don't think that anyone is making parts that are not meant to last? This sport is just very rough to cars, that's why some of the parts don't tend to last.
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodeye
    I have to say that I find it pretty hard to believe that manufacturers are not focusing on durability when making parts to cars. Well, I mean I can imagine Skoda hasn't been doing this and we all can see the results, but I could imagine that Citroen has focused on durability as well as high performance.

I mean I don't think that anyone is making parts that are not meant to last? This sport is just very rough to cars, that's why some of the parts don't tend to last.
    The parts last the time you want. If you want they last 1 rally, they are developed to last 1 rally, if you want they last 2 rallyes, they are developed to last 2 rallyes, wich doesn't mean that they can't broke.

Parts are developed to have the maximum perfomance inside the durability time that you want.

An example? The engines in F1. You had engines to 3 qualifications laps and engines to 70laps race. The difference? One had 900hp and the other had 750hp to handle a complete race.

There is a relation between the perfomance and durability. Bigger perfomance less durability.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Latest update to this news is in Autosport magazine today, and success-related weight penalties are on the table, similar to touring cars.

So, what do you all think about that??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    success-related weight penalties are on the table, similar to touring cars.

bad idea
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Latest update to this news is in Autosport magazine today, and success-related weight penalties are on the table, similar to touring cars.

bad idea, smells of desperate measures and while WRC may not be perfect its not bad enough to become WWF on wheels
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!