Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    People seem to mind a lot about SupeRally on the forum. It's just the whole idea of altering someones overall times, giving a bit here, taking some away here. No use fighting for those extra few tenths anymore?

It adds an extra dimension to the sport but is it an extra dimension that it really needs? For one im sure the teams will spend more money on becoming as fast as they can in service, and not only durable but easy to change parts.

But if a driver wants to go on the attack and take four seconds off a driver or something but knows his team wont take as long in service then it sort of dilutes what happens in the stages maybe. I'm undecided but its only an idea up for discussion like that crazy superspecial rally deciding concept not so long ago.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Stupid idea this of pennaltys in service. WRC will be like F1... decided on pits!!!

We want to see the rallyes decided on stages and not on services.

There are thousand of ways of reducing costs without changing the rally format. And by the way, service parks ar not done to spectators views... CosmicPanda if you want action go to the stages and don't ask action os service parks. Service parks are to mantain the cars, nothing more. Wich strange argument to defend the pannaltys in Servoce parks because sometimes they don't have action.... this is worst than i tought.
    Three gears are enough!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    Stupid idea this of pennaltys in service. WRC will be like F1... decided on pits!!!
    Very good Point !!!

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    But wouldn't it be a bit like back to the past kind of thing? I mean, then service was allowed on every roadsection. So this could be that aa over again... getting rid of serviceparks and thus go back closer to "old style" rallying.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Service parks are to mantain the cars, nothing more.
    JAM's the man! agreed 100%
    I am Yahya the Infinite. <-search it

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD
    But wouldn't it be a bit like back to the past kind of thing? I mean, then service was allowed on every roadsection. So this could be that aa over again... getting rid of serviceparks and thus go back closer to "old style" rallying.

They talked about do it on service parks. Nothing related with service on the road. Do you think that is possible on the XXI century have again service on the road?!? Are you serious?
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They talked about do it on service parks. Nothing related with service on the road. Do you think that is possible on the XXI century have again service on the road?!? Are you serious?
    I think that would be a very fun thing, but I don't see it happening. Not in the modern, ultra-controlled environment of the FIA WRC.

Quote Originally Posted by cut the b.s.
    This could lower the costs for privateers running WRC cars ... controlled parts could be a good idea
    It's the route they've taken with S2000, with the control transmission, and I think it would be a good idea for them to do the same thing with the WRCars.
    Give Leon a kick and tell him to get to work!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    In some places you don't need to necessarily service by the side of the road. Many places like Australia have big open places where a small service can be done. Safely too!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    In some places you don't need to necessarily service by the side of the road. Many places like Australia have big open places where a small service can be done. Safely too!
    Cool. Let's hope the FIA notices, so we can have less centralised service, which will mean the rallies can radiate further from the base and the special stages won't have to be repeated. Wouldn't that be good?
    Give Leon a kick and tell him to get to work!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The problem is, the only way to save money is to less events , and thats counter productive to the FIA.

All the cars are built with re-usable, serviceable parts. running them for a set amount of time , then refurbishing over & over is a much cheaper way than running them for multiple events , without rebuild, & ruining them.

As far as brakes & stuff goes, its already supplied by proprietry parts people like AP , Brembo & Alcon, and is all much of a muchness. Not exactley high tech.

As for transmissions, speccing a single unit for S2000 which are all front wheel drive is one thing, doing it for 4WD cars that have to made from 2WD is just not practical , bearing in mind that the Subaru is a totally different animal to the others as far as engine layout goes.

The FIA change back to steel props costs more money than it saves , they are nowhere near as durable , and without a spec material standard, they aren't ant cheaper, especially when you have to bin all the Ti ones.

And as for 'on the road servicing', you'd instantly double the amount of people youd need to take on event before you thought about increased vehicle costs.