Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BSB goes single tyre

No announcement yet on the tyre provider but BSB is going to a control tyre (BSB's marketing and commercial rights are owned by Dorna - co-incidence?)

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~18~id~155662.htm

With Michelin withdrawing from BSB when HRC pull out the only 2 tyres companies currently supplying the teams are Dunlop and Pirelli. Dunlop has the better infrastructure in the UK, supply most of the top teams plus is British. However, I suspect some teams would favour Pirelli so that they can enter wild cards at the WSB rounds of which 3 will be in the UK with the addition of the Donington round

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was just thinking, thats not a good sign for MotoGP ..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    I was just thinking, thats not a good sign for MotoGP ..
    Hmmm so gotta ask just what/who would be the advantages in favor of by switching to a control tyre for MotoGP?

Gee I just dont understand why it would even be considered??? obviously politics and sour grapes by Michelin and a certain Yellow bike rider no.....

Then I wonder 'IF' the single tyre rule was adopted for MotoGP would then everyone get to race on the best available tyre- BRIDGESTONE, I just could not see 'Michelin' being too happy with THAT decission
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFX...
    Hmmm so gotta ask just what/who would be the advantages in favor of by switching to a control tyre for MotoGP?

Gee I just dont understand why it would even be considered??? obviously politics and sour grapes by Michelin and a certain Yellow bike rider no.....

Then I wonder 'IF' the single tyre rule was adopted for MotoGP would then everyone get to race on the best available tyre- BRIDGESTONE, I just could not see 'Michelin' being too happy with THAT decission
    There is a thread dedicated to this and basically the tire manufacturers are against the idea but Dorna are panicking on the back of a vocal minority complaining.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Panicking is an understatement, more like being told how high to jump and then jumping above and beyond it.. It really is disgusting how biased dorna can be in order to ensure the likes of Rossi and Pedrosa remain at the front of the field..

Whinge, whinge, whinge, sook, sook, sook, boycott Honda, say your going to ride for Kawasaki and look how quickly Dorna react.. What about all the years Michelin have dominated and Bridgestone shod riders have complained? No action then?

Rant over..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!