Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts

Forum style header pictures?

I'm using RallyForum.com style but instead of having only rally related pictures there seems to be somesort of racing pictures also on the header. Why is that?
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    It's part of a new style we are developing, hopefully we will have pictures of all types of motorsport.

You will notice that if you in the rally forums you will only see rally pictures, but if you are outside there then you will see a random picture taken from the full set.

At the moment only touring cars & rally have a full set of pictures.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Admin
    You can see the pictures currently in use here: http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/allheaders.php

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    You can see the pictures currently in use here
    Nice pictures, one question though. Who is choosing which ones will be used?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I can't remember if I actually suggested it to Mark but I think it would be good if it could be a competition to choose the pictures perhaps once a year or twice a year. That way there could be a bit more of a variety of events in the photos and there will be a degree of forum participation in this sort of thing

I noticed in another forum the people have been asked to submit photos but in the rallyforum section we weren't
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mark only asked in forums where he didn't have any photos available to him and he already had plenty of rally photos at his disposal to use as headers.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    As I said it would be nice if the forum got a chance to participate and not just when there wasn't any other option

Edit: I should just point out I've not got a problem with the photos or who took them Just that limiting it to only a selection of members then limits the variety of photos that we're going to get on banner photos. My suggestion is a competition after each event for a banner picture taken during that event.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    My suggestion is a competition after each event for a banner picture taken during that event.
    I support the idea of forum picture competition, don't think if it would be doable after every event but maybe once or twice a year? Having different categories would make it possible for more members to participate?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    I support the idea of forum picture competition, don't think if it would be doable after every event but maybe once or twice a year? Having different categories would make it possible for more members to participate?
    Yes you could have drivers too Perhaps it wouldn't be doable for each event due to the limited numbers of people from the forum who go to some rallies with a good camera and some skill. But perhaps if not for a particular event due to lack of entrants we could have a particular rally or driver or car. Perhaps the person who won the last competition could nominate the next comp

Admin
    There is no limit to the number of photos used in rotation. But remember that members from partner sites can not see them!