Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza
    Til 2009.
    with an option for 2010.

http://www.caseystoner.com.au/details.php?item=114
    Get off my lawn

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Ok, indeed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Rossi will stick around as long as it takes to de-throne the youg up-start wunderkid that is Casey Stoner.. That could be one year or it could be five years I hope its the latter..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But would he still stick around if he is not being payed as much $$$$ ?
    If Casey wins it again in 08 Rossi's stock value would have to drop substancially no doubt and there in lays the BIG question I guess.....

Bottom line is he will have to try much harder next year than he ever has before and also risk much more I reckon and be under a lot of pressure to consistently perform, more so than he ever has had to during his run in the premier class. Hope for his sake Yamaha can pull a rabbit out of the hat and get him on par with Ducati, mind you if it was just a matter of bike/tyre combo that he had to worry about??? you would reckon Loris and Alex would of also been kicking his butt also in 07

I personally think we have honestly been watching a changing of the guard in 07 truely based on raw riding ability and in all conditions.
    Time will tell of course so roll on 08 should be fun to watch eh...

P.S. The last few races this year will offer a few clues up also...
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rossi will want to finish on a high. I wouldn't expect to see retirement until he's back at the top.

If he wins next year then I think there is a distinct possibility he'll call it a day and retire while champion.

Having said that Yamaha are so far behind Ducati and a much improved Honda that they'll need to work miracles before next season.

If the single tyre rule starts in 08 and they go with Michelin then I'd expect to see Ducati, Suzuki and Kawasaki struggle next year as the bikes have been developed hand in hand with the tyres.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I reckon for Rossi to have any chance of winning next year at all it would take a change of MotoGP rules to using a Michelin control tyre at the very least.... Bridgestone are now only going to get stronger as is Ducati and Honda for that matter.

Of course if Michelin have any political sway with DORNA they would be trying pretty hard right now to push for a Michelin control tyre in 08, so maybe Rossi already knows something we yet dont....hmmmm
    #1 #7 #13