Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Your best racing sim moment of 2006..

Practically '07 evreywhere as I type, but looking back, what was your moment of glory in 2006?

For me, it was a podium finidh in the CMR2 WRC at Turkey (or was it Cyprus)?
    However, there was a low entry responsible

My 4th in the Mosler in the wet at Brands Hatch GP in TRD3 was one of my better drives, especially after looking the fool at Snetterton in the Monaro...

Tannat
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    2nd in my 1st ever race (DTM at Eruspeedway P.Vuko won by 2 seconds)

DTM - winning at norisring

British GT's- 5th in brands hatch qualifying in the monaro

V8 supercars - don't have a good moment

others- Clio Cup dominance
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I haven't had a great sim racing moment in years.

I've raced RD2 and RD3 online a lot, but honestly this is the first time I've ever done any organized events.

My "glory days" were back when I used to do league racing in the NASCAR games by Papyrus. Back in the N3/N4 days I was active in a couple of leagues.

In N3 I had a great season with my league, won a few races and nearly the championship (lost by 7 points after having two disconnects mid-season...and I was in the top five in one race, leading the other! Stupid dialup...)

My best race that season was my win at Bristol. I won the pole and led 200 of the 250 laps on the way to victory.

My best "comeback" was at Dover...I went a lap down when I made a pit stop under green, and the caution came out a few laps later. I managed to make my lap up under green and come all the way back around for a top ten finish. Even so, I was disappointed considering I had the fastest car.

I managed to get lucky and win Watkins Glen, after the dominant leader made a mistake and crashed.

And I won the final race in Atlanta with a damaged car...my rival for the title was nearly a lap down but mostly up to pace, I followed in his draft for the last 30 laps to keep second place from being able to gain on me.

The next season we raced N4, which was a huge change in the physics. I struggled a lot with it, but managed to pull off a fender-banging side by side pass for the lead with a lap to go at Richmond to pick up my only victory that season. Despite my struggles I still managed to finish 2nd in points.

After the physics got changed and the game was more difficult, I found myself not really wanting to spend the hours each week practicing for the race. Just didn't want to put that kind of commitment into it, and I haven't been a serious sim-racer ever since.

Mostly just stick to the easy ones like the Race Driver series, now.

I also miss Motor City Online, that was the best racing game ever, IMO.

I'm hoping Test Drive Unlimited can fill that spot that MCO once had for me.
    =NBW=LugnutUSA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hmm..best moment

podiums in the DTM at the Norisring, and maybe one other track. Plus my only podium of the V8's at Adelaide in my debut season.

worst moment..dont really have one, i enjoy each race i compete in and dont mind losing out, cos i know i cant win anyway :
    How do I print my voicemail?
    http://www.surrealillusions.co.uk - motorsport photos :)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    finishing 4th in the DTM race at Nurburgring

winning the Brit GT cup Championship, but Alfa Fan was the class of the field with JB, but somehow I was able to pull off 2 wins to boot
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Winning at Hockenheim in the DTM in only my second ever race
    I solumly swear I'm up to no good :devil:

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Leading the British GT Cup series until I had to withdraw with two rounds to go due to having no time do the races with moving to university.

Outqualifying both Vukos in the Snetterton GT feature race, with a laptime of 49.22, and setting the pole time in the Cup race by over 4 seconds

And occassionally outqualifying GT cars in my Cup Class Morgan (albeit only the Monaro - the worst GT car on the game).
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    CMR2 - 4th in Greece, 3rd in New Zealand and winning the Manufacturers championship(not really "my" achievement as GrP did most of the job anyway)
    TRD3 - none, I suck
    Batracer - Winning Bathurst
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have had a few moment where I showed some decent speed. that kept me motivated to hold my head up as I worked on my consistancy.

but my greatest moment was just discovering sim racing in general! it's been a ton of fun. I used to race real cars when I was younger & had more time & money and I've really missed it. this is almost as much fun!

plus I get to race on some of the world's best tracks against some super competition. and even the bum tracks are interesting in their own way.

bum tracks that come to mind would include castle coombe. tracks I've really loved inlcude spa & bathurst. brands hatch & silverstone are cool too. sandborne is a bitch!
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio