Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahh Bernie...

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Ahh Bernie...

He's now hailing Hamilton as the "saviour" of F1, and fears other drivers winning the title.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63055
    "It is painfully obvious to me that the right guy to be world champion is Lewis," said Ecclestone.

"In fact, my main fear would be if he didn't win it. Kimi Raikkonen barely talks to anyone and as such has done little for the sport, and as for Fernando Alonso, in his two years as world champion he has done nothing."
    Translatable as:
    "Your results and titles mean nothing to me unless I make a buck out of it"

Ahh Bernie..

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    About time Bernie came out public with his love affair with Hamilton.

Just kinda disgusts me that the incident with Vettel and Webber is shoved backwards and aside so that Bernie can get his love child a World Drives Championship.

Honestly, it's absurd.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    In fairness to Alonso, it was known well in advance that he was to switch teams and therefore Renault didn't milk publicity out of his championship in the way we've become used to.

That said, I'm sure that a Hamilton championship would be good for F1. Love him or hate him, you cannot deny that he's had more than his share of column inches this year, and that's always good for business.

Edit: PS: Can we please have just one thread that doesn't revert to discussing Fuji?
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Personally, I think Kimi has a better personality than Lewis.

Good to see Bernie sees F1 as a sport...

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Edit: PS: Can we please have just one thread that doesn't revert to discussing Fuji?
    Point taken..... my bad!
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Personally, I think Kimi has a better personality than Lewis.
    I agree, not because I'm a fan of Kimi. I have to say that at the beginning of the year, I was becoming a big fan of Hamilton, but throughout the course of the year, I've grown to dislike him. Firstly, we all know that he is good, and he knows it too, and there is nothing wrong in being confident and strong, but the guy comes off as being arrogant and not having an inch of humility in him.

Secondly, both his and Alonso's constant bickering throughout the season has irritated fans all over the world I'm sure. And what the **** is up with him crying again and hinting towards walking away from the sport because of the Vettel-Webber incident?

Hamilton, Alonso and Massa, all three have proved to be big crybabies this year. The only guy who gets in the car and does the goddamn job of driving without crying bloody mary is infact Kimi. He is a pure racing driver, detached from the whole politics and bull**** that goes on in Formula 1 these days.

I fail to see what Bernie is going on about Hamilton "resurrecting" Formula 1? Understood, that he boosted ticket sales for the British GP, from which Bernie obviously benefited, but what about the rest of the world? I still see more Alonso and Kimi fans in the grandstands.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Bernies comments are out of line and just continue to show why he and Mad Max need to leave ASAP.

He should just go back to counting his money, managing a 2nd division team and leave the pontificating to the pundits.

He and mad max have done more harm to F1 than any lack of perosnalites by drivers.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Bad mouth Bernie for all it's worth - but don't blame Lewis Hamilton for what Bernie says.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Translatable as:
    "Your results and titles mean nothing to me unless I make a buck out of it"

Ahh Bernie..
    And what's wrong with that? Those of us who were watching GPs before he was in charge can attest to the job he has done. His role in F1 has been commercial for more than 25 years now; so, obviously, he cares about the money-making. And he has been exceptionally good at that, and made many in the paddock millonaires in the process.

And I agree that Kimi is a great driver, but just imagine a podium and press-conference with three Kimis
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just Bernie confirmed what one driver said one day that: "F1 is business 7/7 and 24/24, it is only a sport 2 hours on sunday"!