Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Magny-Cours WSB - final round

Well, we've had the first day of action in France to wrap up the World Superbikes for this year.

JT is out to claim the crown at a track he goes well at, although that fall at Vallelunga last week has given Max and Nori a glimmer of hope. They need a spectacular weekend and James a very poor one to take the title, although stranger things have happened.

Supersport should as ever prove a good race, the championship has been the most one-sided ever (Kenan has twice the points of second-in-standings Fabien Foret) but behind the dominant rider it's been fun and games.

Superstock 1000 - which I mentioned in the Vallelunga thread - is a four-way title fight, with the protangonists all separated by just nine points. In fact, Mark Aitchison in fifth is 25 points behind but in theory could be joint top on points with a mathematical miracle, but hasn't won a race so would lose the title on countback even if such an unlikely event happened. My prayers regarding this series have been answered - it's on TV this week for any Brits/Europeans with Eurosport 2 - 9:30am in Britain or 10:30am in Europe. Am muchly looking forward to a live title slug-out.

Superstock 600 has already been sewn up by ex Supersport-er Maxime Berger, who will be looking to celebrate in front of his home fans.

Traditionally Magny-Cours produces excellent bike races (in contrast with its tepid F1 events, a bit like Barcelona).
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    It will take a lot for JT to lose this one, he can "cruise" both races and win the championship, hopefully he wont do that and he will fight for wins.

Bad news for me, I have no eurosport nor high speed internet to view the races so I will have to wait until mid week when my internet is sorted and find a way to download them.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Chris, try Shareaza. I have downloaded all the rounds this year from there. It may take a few days to download, but the quality is A1. You just have to be patient with it, and leave your computer on all night and all day.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Nitro Nori 1 and 2 mokin:
    What a fantastic year of racing this has been and now it's the final round. It is 11.30am sunday NZ time and nearly 12 hours before the first race, it's going to feel like forever!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Toseland wins the title...by 2 points!! Nori did the double so it was close - didn't see the races but JT prob did just what was needed in race 2!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    king back on this throme, king james
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    For 2008, James will begin school.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chac47
    Nitro Nori 1 and 2 mokin:
    What a fantastic year of racing this has been and now it's the final round. It is 11.30am sunday NZ time and nearly 12 hours before the first race, it's going to feel like forever!
    Good get there Sue!

Was a really good weekend of racing. The drama with Toseland and Lanzi in the first race and the battles that Corser had were really exciting and then wondering if JT could hold out the pack lining up behind him in the second race meant that the title went right down to the wire, not the foregone conclusion it appeared to be at the days start.
    Congratulations to Toseland on a well deserved title. This one, I think, rates much higher than his first title as he has fought off a much higher quality of opposition. Well done also to the chasing pack, especially Haga, who really made James work for it and it makes me all the more excited for next year.

Excellent work by Kenan Sofuoglu who finished off his WSS career in style by taking a hard fought win ahead of a gallant Broc Parkes. You only had to see how close he came to crashing mid-race to know just how hard he was having to ride. Well done also to Broc Parkes for his strong finish to a wretched season that he still managed to finish second in the title ahead of a disappointing Foret. Craig Jones rode to a very impressive 3rd and will only get stronger next year you'd think. And if it wasn't for that boofhead commentator, Jonathon Green, I'd probably like him more.

Finally, congrats to Niccollo Canepa on taking the Superstock 1000 crown. Poor Claudio Corti has missed the title by about a tenth of a second! What a ripping championship.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Westy finished 9th in the WSS championship after competing in 3 of the 13 races
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sensational! Pitt finished 17th from only 2 rounds.
    Get off my lawn