Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cut the b.s.
    Ban manufacturer involvement would be a start
    FIA are doing their best! changing the rules on suzuki, and forcing citroen out with pirelli control tyre..
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 1,250 Times in 679 Posts
    Start again from the beginning, or allow 'Prototypes', or 'Specials' like Andy Burton's, ; i;e the cars don't have to be based on Production cars. Or allow Sportscars, or I could go on and on...

TBH, I haven't a clue.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    There should be set backs in order to cut costs. For example, the most expensive component in a WRCar is it's gearbox. There should be cheaper gearboxes, like bringing back central-stick secuential ones (rather than the gearbox pad we now nowadays). Of course, it's not what I want (and I'm sure none of us), but I believe the FIA has had some thoughts like this. Same with the engine (like this year, where an engine is used for two events) and so..

Maybe this matter of using a component in two events can be used for the gearbox too, right?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What got me into rallying aside from the exploitive car control was the wild body shapes. With WRCars its like watching a bunch of superfast saloon-based grocery getters sail through the stages by comparsion to the 70s and 80s.
    Yeah, americans love rallying too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Start again from the beginning, or allow 'Prototypes', or 'Specials' like Andy Burton's, ; i;e the cars don't have to be based on Production cars. Or allow Sportscars, or I could go on and on...

TBH, I haven't a clue.....
    That would be fantastic too bad FIA does not know what's the rallying is all about, so it's far more probable that we would see Subaru Impreza running on 12 alcaline AA batteries, than monsterous rally prototype, wich can cause men to tremble and young women to orgasm
    \"Dopelar Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when you approach them quickly enough.\"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rallying's in trouble?

Seems to me like it's bouncing back from trouble. Citroen came back this year and Suzuki's entering. There's a strong privateer/M2 field, as well, so the withdrawal of just one sponsor isn't a huge thing to the whole sport, I don't think. Also, Marcus vs Loeb this year's pretty damn good.

What does concern me is the reduction of events to 12 that we're going to have, I think that this means a reduction in the level of exposure that the WRC will get, therefore making it less interesting to sponsors and will surely mean the loss of established events from the calendar.

It will make it easier for privateers to get better championship results, I suppose, though. Will the number of events M2 teams have to do remain at 10, or will that reduce as well?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Criticism at television marketing

Altavist translation from
    http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/...9-1/index.html
    Citroen remains to 2009 Citroen also in the coming two years in the Rallye world championship will participate. This got enterprise boss straight Gilles Michel now.
    "we are a dynamic enterprise and our operational readiness level in the WRC fit perfectly our image", got Michel straight in relation to autoprint. "we will be 2008 and also 2009 thereby, with the goal, both the manufacturer -, as well as driver title of winning." Like it after 2009 does not only continue depends on the sporty surrounding field in the championship, thus Michel, which is disappointed by the current TV marketing particularly. "we will look at ourselves which the other participants to make, because we want a weighty role in a hard umkaemften championship to play", so Michel. "however the TV transmissions are further bad and with the time this a problem will become." Some days ago WRC Rechteinhaber ISC had been taken over of the British TV Produktionsfirma North One. All involved ones expect now fresh wind, above all if it concerns the transmission times of the Rallye world championship. Also FIA-boss max of Mosley expects by the sales a step forward: "that is very good for the series to plan the future of the WRC particularly in a time, in which we all work on it."
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up The season 2007 is almost over and what do we see?

However, I see the future for wrc dark.
    Nobody wants to see this but according to me and for years it goes in the wrong direction.

1. The cars.
    For years I did say that the modern cars are not strong enough and they are too fast such as the old group 4. They are not real spectacular thanks to the high Tech like in F1. Every mistake of the driver are punished with an end of the rally or they drive a day later under super rally rules.
    I continue say, the modern high Tech cars do not belong at home in rally.

2. The Drivers
    I still have respect for rally drivers but they have a hobby job compared to what rally was and would have be. These days they do their hobby (considers job?)from 8 up to 5 with a hot lunch around noon!
    If them must drive a new rally there is panic and it goes there wrong for the most of them! Why no service after each SSand go on for the victory?
    And most of them have to pay a lot for this hobby. Only a couple factory drivers makes a chance to win a rally and they are never home just to promote the brand of the factory car.

3. The rallys
    This goes entirely wrong! Some stages used more times a day and then a couple of Superspecials for to receive more money and for the TV! What a joke. I keep on to say, make it cheaper and go back to the roots of rally.

I know that many do not want to hear my thoughts, but that is my opinion concerning the future of rally.

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    ...Superspecials for to receive more money and for the TV! ...[/QUOTE]

This is the future. some Super Specials and other stages who are easily to follow is good TV coverage. Thats important for brands like Ford, Citroen, and others.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FocusChampion
    ...Superspecials for to receive more money and for the TV! ...
    This is the future. some Super Specials and other stages who are easily to follow is good TV coverage. Thats important for brands like Ford, Citroen, and others.[/quote]

And what has that to do with rally?....Think once, I see still gladly rally cars on normal roads but never go to rallycross....just wait thill there once more happened something seriously in the contemporary rallysport. Ho will have the blame? Who will calls here then loudest? and one day it will happen, if you like it or not!