Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonBrooke
    I think the FIA need to stop treating the WRC as if it's F1. They need to change the points system to more closely reflect the nature of rallying, like that of various national championships. They also need to change the rules about teams which are too much like F1 these days.

And yeah, change back to all-mechanical transmissions. I think making the cars closer (mechanically) to the road cars, although four-wheel-drive is a necessity.
    Can't see that happening, the F1A like their Championships to be uniform, so I can't see any change in points scoring, unless they change it for F1.
    I agree with making the cars simpler, not sure about 4WD anymore, it's proved it's point.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    I agree with making the cars simpler, not sure about 4WD anymore, it's proved it's point.
    ...and replace it with FWD, I hope not. I doubt anyone will make a change to RWD at this point.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josti
    ...and replace it with FWD, I hope not. I doubt anyone will make a change to RWD at this point.
    Tough one to call; the majority of cars sold are FWD, apart from BMW, Mercedes. Personally I'd like to see all 3 variants enabled but with someway (if possible) of making them all competitive. Yes I know it's not going to happen.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    http://www.worldrallyblog.com/2017/0...g-term-answer/

Is this still being debated in the industry, teams and in FIA?

5. Likes: Jarek Z (14th June 2017)
    Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    A 10 year old topic, nice.....
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

7. Likes: pantealex (14th June 2017)
    Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    http://www.worldrallyblog.com/2017/0...g-term-answer/

Is this still being debated in the industry, teams and in FIA?
    It's an interesting point of view, but I'm afraid that the author of this article is painting a rosy picture of the situation in R5 class.
    Firstly, he says that there are currently 6 manufacturers in this class, but is it true? I only know Citroen, Ford, Hyundai, Skoda and Peugeot. And even out of those 5 manufacurers, only 2 are winning cars - Ford Fiesta and Skoda Fabia. Citroen, Hyundai and Peugeot are far behind when it comes to competition on an international level.
    Secondly, the author says that the 2018 season will have 8 different manufacturers - Citroen, Ford, Hyundai, Skoda, Peugeot, Opel, VW, Proton - featured in the R5 class. But is it really so? VW and Proton don't exist and Opel doesn't even want to homologate an existing car.

Having said that I really hope that there is a bright future in front of the R5 class.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Hyundai isn't uncompetitive. It's just not that widespread. Just wait two weeks and it will likely win a big international event
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

10. Likes: Sulland (14th June 2017),TWRC (15th June 2017)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    No thanks, already bored of driving R5 after half a week with Dirt 4...
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 81 Times in 48 Posts
    You probably mean rally Ypres with Neuville behind the wheel,but anything can happened on Ypres

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    I'm not in favour of R5s being the highest class either. I think they are nice to look at and they are great youth developpers and give an enourmous bang for the buck for lower tier events and championships. But for the biggest rallying circus in the world they don't really give me enough of a buzz. I even found the 1.6 litre turbo, non-active centre diff cars too dull.

The way the cars are now I find perfect. They look like monsters and are spectacular in motion, they sound amazing and you just know that this is as fast as it gets without being stupidly dangerous. They got me properly hooked with the WRC again.