Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SBK Vallelunga

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osg
    My goodness.... is Max gonna sneak up and nick this title from under JT's nose????
    No, but it makes the last round more interesting.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like Toseland as a rider, but in the past few racers he's put some passes on people that were a bit too hard - Bayliss at Brands in race 1 and Haga this past weekend in both races (including throwing out an elbow at Nori).

Not sure I like those kinds of passes...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think when the title is at stake, a rider can be forgiven for a little more aggression than they usually display. Haga also was riding hard at Vallelunga, as was Biaggi.

Usually the TenKate bike is very quick at season's end, but JT is being mugged at the moment. If Biaggi races as well, and JT has another racing incident, things could look very very interesting.

Kudos to JT - twice now he's crashed and remounted to pick up points.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burger
    I like Toseland as a rider, but in the past few racers he's put some passes on people that were a bit too hard - Bayliss at Brands in race 1 and Haga this past weekend in both races (including throwing out an elbow at Nori).

Bayliss at Brands? There was a gap and he took it.

The move on Haga in race one wasn't great, but I think he will have been surprised at how quickly Haga pulled his bike in after running wide. I seriously doubt it was intentional. As for the "elbows" in race two, he threw out an elbow to make himself wider maybe but it was no-where near connecting with Haga.

The fact that Haga felt no need to even mention any of the passes after the race speaks volumes. That is exactly how he races so I can't see how people complain when others do it, yet proclaim him to be exciting?
    motorbikesport.co.uk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burger

The criticism of Toseland in the past was that he was too nice and lacked aggression.

Personally I'm pleased to see him giving it back. The likes of Haga, Biaggi, Corser, Bayliss would all have tried those overtakes. Tough moves but fair I'd say, it's all part of racing. Just watch a 125 race and you'll see several of those moves every lap.