Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Moto GP race at Laguna Seca

Hello there! Im looking for some insight and help from ANYONE. Im desperate. I am planning a "surprise" birthday present for my boyfriend and am planning on taking him to the MotoGP race at Laguna Seca next July. I received the price listing for the track seats and Im wondering if anybody can give me some advice as to "where to sit". We've never been there before, and who knows if we will make it back again, so I want to make this memorable. Is it worth the money to buy the suite seating w/ food and drinks included? Also, I would love it if I could get some opinions on where the best seats are. I really would appreciate help from anyone especially if you have been there before!!! Thanks so much!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I don't know much details about laguna but some general tips

A lot of fans of a rider or a manufacturer arrange to sit in the same section, ie. Rossi fans all together, Kawasaki fans all together, I think Ducati even has its own "Ducati Island" orginized by Ducati itself with a several activities. so if you want you can look into that, team/rider official websites will probably be the best place for info.

Also the circuit press release about the AMA final round at Laguna mentioned a new Corkscrew grandstand, the circuit map doesnt have it but a grandstand with view of corkscrew should be a good place to sit
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I haven't been, but anywhere near the corkscrew or rainey curve are supposed to be great.
    go speed racer go

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I am used to walk around the side of the track from a corner to another corner before get stuck at a place where all the the corners are viewable.

However all our opinions are useful if you would come back here again

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You might want to post something on here:

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

It's a forum for Aprilia owners, run by a shop based in Texas. Some of the guys on there might well have been to Laguna Seca.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I deal with bike parts company based near Monterey. I'll ask them and post their answers here.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Right here's what I've been told

If you want comfort go for the Pit Box Suites (over the top of the pit garages). You can only really see the last turn 11 and the start finish straight from here but you will see the start and have refreshments served all day, air con in the suite, a balcony to view from, TV to see the rest of the lap.

The grandstands on the Start finish straight can mainly only see turns 11 and 1 and face the pit garages although depending on which end of the grandstand you might be able to see more. The pit garages and suites block the view across most of the circuit though.

The grandstands over by turn 4 and 5 are apparently in a pretty flat section of track and not so exciting.

They tend to stand or sit on a grassy hill on the infield of the circuit between turn 8/8a (the Corkscrew) and 9. This has the best view of the legendary corkscrew which is pretty amazing seeing the bikes flicking from one side to the other up close.

If you want to make it special I'd go for the Pit Box Suite for race day and watch qualifying from the hill at the Corkscrew. I went to Donington in a VIP suite last year and although you couldn't see as much of the circuit as some of the other places I normally watch from it was an amazing experience - seeing the pits up close, the comfort of drinks and food all day, somewhere to sit down and a 'clean' toilet only a few yards away (if you've ever been to Donington for the GP you'll know how much the toilet was appreciated), VIP parking etc etc