Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Coors Light to be Official Beer Sponsor of NASCAR Beginning with the 2008 Season

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...17&newsLang=en

I don't know how this could work without the Bud shootout switching names too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nextel Cup is changing to Sprint Cup so I don'r see this change as a big deal. There's no such thing as "tradition" in NASCAR anymore anyway. I like Coors Light way better than Bud so I'm fine with it.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1329
    Nextel Cup is changing to Sprint Cup so I don'r see this change as a big deal. There's no such thing as "tradition" in NASCAR anymore anyway. I like Coors Light way better than Bud so I'm fine with it.
    I was refering to the obvious problem of the "Coors Light Pole Award" at each cup race entering the driver in the "Budweiser Shootout". I would expect that that race would change to a Coors named event in Feb '09 and it was part of the deal.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It doesnt sound right,Coors Lite pole award or the Cors Lite shootout,doesnt sound right at all.
    Hail to the Redskins Hail Victory
    Art Monk and Darrell Green 2008 Hall of Fame

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jslone
    It doesnt sound right,Coors Lite pole award or the Cors Lite shootout,doesnt sound right at all.
    How about Coors Clash for Competitive Cup Cars?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation

If a sponsor comes up with the most money doesn't mean that I have to consume their product ...
    being a Sterling Marlin fan I tried to make myself drink Coor's Light but I didn't like the taste ...
    I would compare the taste of Coor's Light to what I think cow urine would taste like ...
    I will watch Coor's Light Pole Qualifying but I won't drink their lousy beer !!!!

I will happily sip on my Miller Genuine Draft, Budweiser or if I'm real lucky maybe a Corona.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    If a sponsor comes up with the most money doesn't mean that I have to consume their product ...
    being a Sterling Marlin fan I tried to make myself drink Coor's Light but I didn't like the taste ...
    I would compare the taste of Coor's Light to what I think cow urine would taste like ...
    I will watch Coor's Light Pole Qualifying but I won't drink their lousy beer !!!!

I will happily sip on my Miller Genuine Draft, Budweiser or if I'm real lucky maybe a Corona.
    Jeez, I am glad that you added "what I think" to that statement.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I tried to make myself drink Coor's Light but I didn't like the taste ...

It has a taste??? Last time I tried a Coors Light I took it back to the seller and accused them of ripping me off for giving me water in a can. :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If we're talking about Corona I'd take that over Coors Light any day. My usual beer is Rolling Rock.

Cow urine?
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't know, but I've been told that cow urine actually has a strong taste.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente