Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congratulations Casey, earned it fair & square, nice one champ
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congratulations Casey, earned it fair & square, nice one champ,

enjoy
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's still hard to believe that this is the same guy as the one that was more walking than riding last year!
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    Congratulations to Stoner, he did everything right this season and deserves the title.

Now I would like to see a bit more showmanship from him, especially at the next race in front of his home fans
    Why?

Its not in his makeup or his personality - he would end up being critisized for being a 'fake' so to speak

he will end up being more respected if he's true to himself which he will be!

I could of never ever believed in my wildest dreams he would win the title this year - Casey you have done us so proud!!
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Casey you really STONED the others mate, This is a great achievement for someone so young & only in his 2nd season at the elite class.

This i hope is reward for not winning the 250 when you had great battles with the little spaniard that just pipped you at the post!

Now with this all wrapped up lets see the true Stoner at the Island clean them up & win in front of you assie fans!
    Ambrose, " the Wonder from Downunder"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bravo Casey! What a year you have had. Absolutely deserving of this, and here's to a successful defence in 2008 - I think you will have some battles on your hands!

Quote Originally Posted by tassiedevilAB
    Congrats Casey you really STONED the others mate, This is a great achievement for someone so young & only in his 2nd season at the elite class.
    Hey Tassie, nice to see you over here ]This i hope is reward for not winning the 250 when you had great battles with the little spaniard that just pipped you at the post![/quote]

Agreed, had he been aboard similar tackle I'm sure he'd now have two world titles.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bravo Casey! What a year you have had. Absolutely deserving of this, and here's to a successful defence in 2008 - I think you will have some battles on your hands!

Quote Originally Posted by tassiedevilAB
    Hey Tassie, nice to see you over here ]This i hope is reward for not winning the 250 when you had great battles with the little spaniard that just pipped you at the post![/quote]

Agreed, had he been aboard similar tackle I'm sure he'd now have two world titles.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats, rider who wins mostly race of the season deserves the title

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ozrevhead
    Why?

Its not in his makeup or his personality - he would end up being critisized for being a 'fake' so to speak

he will end up being more respected if he's true to himself which he will be!

I could of never ever believed in my wildest dreams he would win the title this year - Casey you have done us so proud!!
    Because its entertaining

I'm not talking about plating a flag and then saying he conquered the country,

simple things, burnouts, wheelies while passing in fort of the stands, things like that

the thing is though, I think because of the new fuel rules the bikes are basically running on fumes at the end of the race so the riders are just trying to get them home.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    Because its entertaining

I'm not talking about plating a flag and then saying he conquered the country,

simple things, burnouts, wheelies while passing in fort of the stands, things like that

the thing is though, I think because of the new fuel rules the bikes are basically running on fumes at the end of the race so the riders are just trying to get them home.
    He did pull wheelies, one across the line and at least another one around the back of the circuit. He just looked a bit overwhelmed at his feat and then he carried around an enormous Australian flag which would have been very tricky to pull wheelies with. And he's usually more than happy to do burnouts but I think you're probably right about the fuel thing, he ran out after the last race!
    Get off my lawn