Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Why would Rossi damage the sport, he as mostly riders has the same right taking part in the motogp, he has the same possibility on win or lose, this season he lose and Stoner win, quite fair

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As a true prototype series it should be open to all tyre manufacturers to produce prototype tyres to compete.

WSB has benefited from the single tyre rule but it's a production based series as has been suggested the lap times have suffered as a result of using mass produced Pirellis.

If Michelin had been dominant from day 1 this year and Ducati, Kawasaki and Suzuki had suffered poor performances with Rossi walking away with the championship I doubt that rule changes would have been considered.

It's up to Michelin to improve next year

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Sorry, but I disagree about BF Goodrich, yes they are owned by Michelin, and the F1A haven't forgiven Michelin for Indy 2005. Michelin/BF Goodrich tyres are superior to Pirelli, yet Pirelli got the contract.It doesn't take a genius to work out why Pirelli got the contract.
    Sorry, been out of the WRC loop for a while and didn't realise Pirelli had next years contract. Is it because they let the lokes at the FIA go to a photoshoot for their calendar
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Stupid, stupid, stupid idea. Leave the bloody tyres as they are. Michelin has had a great run for the last decade or more and Bridgestone has struggled for nearly as long. I think Bridgestone deserves their moment in the sun. If Michelin can't handle the pressure, then they should give up racing. What's next, a single manufacturer ?
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think riders like Rossi like the idea of a single tyre as it will show of the true skill of the rider, but where do you stop?

Keep it as it is. It will be a bit more even next year.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    If Michelin can't handle the pressure, then they should give up racing.
    Wouldn't that leave motoGP with a single tyre?
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dunlop!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    GTradial from gajah tunggal is better

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tough call, this one.

On one hand, yes races being decided by tyres is silly, absolutely. But then again, if you think Bridgestone are clearly ahead - how many non-Casey Bridgestone victories have there been in the dry this year?

Admittedly, Valentino (and Dani) would have been in with a better chance this year on a control tyre. Motor racing is full of 'what ifs' and other complications (such as brand loyalty - Michelin have won the title for each of the 15 years prior to this) of course.

A comment on Eurosport's Motegi coverage said that Bridgestone would prefer competition - as when there's only one tyre company no-one mentions the tyres. I hadn't thought of that before.

Money may come into it too, etc. I don't know, in short

(and let's not forget, for all the slating I and others have given them, Dunlop are only two years into their MotoGP program - they've had some shockers but also some encouraging moments)
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In the current climate of struggling to find sponsors, I don't see how booting massive dollars in the form of tyre companies can be even considered. Dunlop propped up a team this year and like Pat said, have made steady progress in only their second year. Michelin have been caught napping for one year, so any reaction to this is purely panic driven, not calmly considered.
    And to be honest, WSB is the platform that everyone uses as the example of a control tyre but the racing in that series has been less than stellar I would have thought. And their rules were brought in because the Honda and Ducati factory teams could get a spec of tyre not available to anyone else, not due to unevenness of manufacturers.
    Get off my lawn