Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bridgestone aren't happy with Vale.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp.../?&R=EPI-95111

Surely if the manufacturers are in agreeance that there shouldn't be a single tyre supplier, the easy way to railroad such a decision would be to announce that none of them would tender for the supply contract. A bit difficult to have a control tyre if no-one is willing to supply the whole field.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Take Casey out of the equation and Ducati for that matter and Bridgestone dont look so far ahead of Michelin etc...

Funny how when the competition hots up the weaker teams/riders look to blame their own tools over their lack of ability to rise to the occasion. Remember the rules are the same for all to play by...

I just wonder what the excuses will be in 08 if Casey and Ducati kick butt yet again...
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFX...
    Remember the rules are the same for all to play by...
    Thats relative, rules are the same the tyres arent , ie dont expect Kurtis to get tyres anywhere near as good as Vale. Same with Bridgestone, I don't know their hierarchy exactly but I expect Ducati/Stoner is their no 1 priority while d'Antin gets whatever is left
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS
    Thats relative, rules are the same the tyres arent , ie dont expect Kurtis to get tyres anywhere near as good as Vale. Same with Bridgestone, I don't know their hierarchy exactly but I expect Ducati/Stoner is their no 1 priority while d'Antin gets whatever is left
    True, but to clarify my remark... the Moto GP class rules are the same for all weather factory or privateer, of course that being said the leading factory teams all regardless will make their tyre deals each season based primarily on the greater global marketing potential through mutual exposure and they do invest major $$ with their chosen tyre companies usually based on long term mutual support guarantees....

The bike manufacturers work closely with their chosen tyre manufacturers so as to produce the best tyre compounds and that suits 'their' brands chassis. Hence my reference that 'ALL' play by the same rules (in principal).

Yes who ever is winning per say will of course always take priority for any said tyre manufacturer supplier thats just natural selection in nearly all motorsport.

I dont think control tyres is the answer for Moto GP, maybe more appropriate for Super Bike SBK. Some think F-1 and Aussie Super Cars are good examples of closer racing with control tyre??? personally I reckon both are pretty boring in recent years due partially to control tyres and with bugger all overtaking with only pitstops truly offering a chance to overtake more often than not.

Bottom line I reckon is to invite even more tyre manufacturers into the foray NOT less afterall variety is a good thing dont you think... probably then you would see the smaller budgeted teams get a much better 'chance' of a good showing at the pointy end.
    #1 #7 #13