Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    so far no, I was close in running a sub 57, but without upgrades I don't think its possible, unless your P.V. Bob Zee, or JBJ
    or me I've done consistant times around 56 secs.
    I solumly swear I'm up to no good :devil:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Then I'm very poor at this track, which is no surprise, maybe its going through the esses that I'm losing the most time because I'm running flat out every where else, except for the hairpin
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I found my times were a little quicker when I feathered the throttle a bit right before that last turn leading to the start/finish straight. I could do it flat out but I had a better exit speed if I set up for the turn better.

and curb hopping seemed to be really important getting through the esses. I could reall straighten those esses out a lot by hopping curbs, and they didn't throw the shortcutting the track warning flag hardly at all.

I was still only in the 57s though. and I thought that was GREAT.
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It seems like I stand a good chance of a podium then . Would certainly make up for the poor result at Brands.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    after tweaking around with my set-up

I was finally able to crake the sub 57's into the low to mid 56's in race 1. still nowhere near the speed. but 4 laps was not enough to get the tyres up to green. I found I lost some speed through the hairpin and I picked that up to almost 5 MPH. but the short cut on the track is just a hit or miss.

but during the race, the car just has a much different feel and is much better in race than practice or qualifying
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    are your tires too hard? for the 4 lap race I think I had my tires at like .05 or something
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    my times were alot better during race than Qualifying and practice. praying for a podium, but top 5 would be more realistic.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    times submitted!

good 3 races. only got my times down to low 57s. that's just as fast as I could go. but the good thing for me is I ran good consistant times generally.

only real problem was in race 3. I was running 100% soft tires in qualifying, but on each of my first two laps guess what happened: I got flags for shortcutting the circuit through the esses.

so by the time I got a clean lap my tires were shot. I had to start like 3rd or 5th or something. so I lost a few seconds moving up the field.

looking forward to the next round at Oulton Park. haven't raced there in quite a while.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oulton Park next Only raced there once since I got the game.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if you want to re-familiarize yourself with the circuit, here's an in-car lap of Shumacher taking a trip around the circuit is in ferrari!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9k4a1bPj0Q