Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts

The Great Robbery

Now how many racers do you know that should have gotten a ride and didn't
    because of lack of sponsorship?. I managed probably had the fastest US driver at one time and his seat was bought out by Provomi Veal for Ari Luyendyke. So how many guys are in F1 because of bucks VS raw talent.

What if in F1 the pinnacle you could't but a drive ?
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Didn't Bourdais lose out to Monteiro in the '05 Jordan seat because Monteiro brought more dough?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No he wasn't even considered Trevor Carlin just called Monteiro and Karthikeyen, two drivers who had driven for him either the previous year or in the past, and told them if they could get the sponsors they would have a drive in F1. Carlin already had a partnership with Portuguese sponsors in the World Series, F3 and Formula BMW so that was taken care of while Karthikeyen was always going to be able to find sponsors in India.
    Extremely impressed with the first 43 laps of Bourdais' race

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    does not getting a drive in a decent car count ,then i pick Alex Wurz,unless you count the one shot he had in 2005..........
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well..Wurz din't have a race winning car, but if you say decent, I'd say Benetton was a decent car.
    "When the situation arises you stay where you are or go for it. I prefer the latter" - JPM

My home is a sanctuary for my spirit, where my soul can touch base with its source, Almighty God.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    Now how many racers do you know that should have gotten a ride and didn't because of lack of sponsorship?. I managed probably had the fastest US driver at one time and his seat was bought out by Provomi Veal for Ari Luyendyke. So how many guys are in F1 because of bucks VS raw talent. What if in F1 the pinnacle you could't but a drive ?
    If you lack talent, you'd better bring money. Having both would be convenient in the hyper-political world of F1.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Sorry fousto, but I have to agree with you that is the sad state of affairs in F1 right now. Pay drivers, or drivers who can bring a lot of sponsorship cash make up a huge part of F1. Williams used to hire champions and champions in the making; now it's all about cash. Sad, I know!!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

My home is a sanctuary for my spirit, where my soul can touch base with its source, Almighty God.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Sorry fousto, but I have to agree with you that is the sad state of affairs in F1 right now. Pay drivers, or drivers who can bring a lot of sponsorship cash make up a huge part of F1. Williams used to hire champions and champions in the making; now it's all about cash. Sad, I know!!
    It is a new era.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    So few people get a chance to try motorsport, due to the costs involved.

It's highly likely that the most naturally talented racing driver in the world has never even sat in a racing car.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    There are less pay drivers on the grid now than there used to be.