Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    M5, this part:

Lokks like the following cars will be homologated for 08;

Peugeot 207
    Fiat Abarth Grande Punto
    Toyota Corolla and/or Auris (Grifone taking over Euro Development)
    VW Polo
    MG ZR
    Skoda Fabia (late 08)
    Ford Fiesta (Britek in Aus will get it homologated in 08)
    Espacially the Fiesta I find interesting...

PS: just found something interesting on this one http://www.rally.com.au/home/features/articleid=2652
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Fiesta S2000

Sent an e-mail to Britek Motorsport in Australia for some info on the future of their Fiesta S2000 project.

They are saying that they will have a meeting with FIA in November to talk 2008 Homologation.

Due to the number of cars they have to make, Britek wrote that they are aiming for full FIA Homologation by second half of 08.

Price details: New car is US$250,000 – ready to run.

A full spares package $US120,000 which includes:

Engine
    Gearbox and transmission – including prop shaft and drive shafts
    2 complete sets of panels – including doors and bumpers
    1 complete set of suspension – including uprights
    16 rims (Braid)
    Full complement of consumable spares

I have not compared this to Pug, VW or Fiat prices, so I do not know how they compare, but the US Dollar is cheap these days...
    Keep It Simple Stupid !

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M5
    Sent an e-mail to Britek Motorsport in Australia for some info on the future of their Fiesta S2000 project.

They are saying that they will have a meeting with FIA in November to talk 2008 Homologation.

Due to the number of cars they have to make, Britek wrote that they are aiming for full FIA Homologation by second half of 08.

Price details: New car is US$250,000 – ready to run.

A full spares package $US120,000 which includes:

Engine
    Gearbox and transmission – including prop shaft and drive shafts
    2 complete sets of panels – including doors and bumpers
    1 complete set of suspension – including uprights
    16 rims (Braid)
    Full complement of consumable spares

I have not compared this to Pug, VW or Fiat prices, so I do not know how they compare, but the US Dollar is cheap these days...

This is approx. the same price as the official price set by FIA, 168.000 €. One thing I’m wondering about is the “ready to run”. I understand that a “ready to run” car is a complete car ready to start in a rally, not a kit, as it seems to be. In addition to the kit you need a standard car and work to assemble the car. A real “real ready to run” car’s price is higher as you can see from an earlier post in this same thread: (http://www.motorsportforums.com/foru...12634-p-3.html. I wonder from where eppel got those prices?

It’s the same with the S1600. FIA set the maximum price to 120.000 € but with that money you get only the parts (for example Citroën S1600’s kit consists of almost 900 parts).

Here is a link to the “2004 HOMOLOGATION REGULATIONS FOR SUPER 2000 KIT-VARIANT (RALLIES)” for those who’s interested of the homologation procedure, what is allowed to be homologated etc. (word document) http://www.rallystar.co.za/article/a...view/2605/1/1/

Quote Originally Posted by M5
    Lokks like the following cars will be homologated for 08;

Peugeot 207
    Fiat Abarth Grande Punto
    Toyota Corolla and/or Auris (Grifone taking over Euro Development)
    VW Polo
    MG ZR
    Skoda Fabia (late 08)
    Ford Fiesta (Britek in Aus will get it homologated in 08)

So if this goes according to plan, drivers will have 7 cars to choose from, that hopefully are evenly matced !

It would be fun if Renault/Dacia could blow life into their S2000 project again as well, but all in all 7 manufacturers to choose from is not bad in two years development !!
    It would also be nice see some bigger cars in the IRC but they have the disadvantage because of the weight as with the Toyota Corolla. There was an article in 2005 in a finish rally magazine “Vauhdin Maailama” about VW Polo and Toyota. When they weighted them before the start of the South-African rally, the two Polos weighted 1178 kg and 1186 kg and the Toyotas 1216 kg and 1225 kg (min. weight for S2000 gravel is 1150 kg). The Toyota is on average about 40 kg heavier than the Polo and if the Toyota also has less power (I’ve red / heard about 265 hp) compared the other ones (270 hp – 280 hp), it’s not a wonder if the Toyotas can’t keep the pace compare to the competitors. Compared to the Pug (1170 kg / 280 hp), the Toyota’s weight should be 1110 kg to have the same kg / hp ratio as the Pug. But, allowing bigger restrictors for bigger and / or heavier cars could solve this problem.

In the newest issue of the same finish rally magazine is an article about the IRC and in the article they say that the IRC organisation has contacted the organisation of the Arctic Lapland Rally and asked them if they are interested to arrange an IRC event. The arranger of the Artic Lapland Rally said that it’s OK but depends on how much money the IRC want for the registration to the IRC series.

I hope don’t got bored / felled to sleep reading this. mokin:
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 299 Times in 210 Posts
    According to this month Echappement magazine, Mathieu Biasion will run eight events of the 2008 IRC in a 207 S2000 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc
    According to this month Echappement magazine, Mathieu Biasion will run eight events of the 2008 IRC in a 207 S2000 !!!

Now it's official, 7 rounds of IRC next year for Biasion...

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Abarth:
    1) Basso
    2) Alen

Peugeot Spain:
    1) Vouilloz
    2) Ojeda

Racing Lions:
    1) Panizzi

Kronos:
    1) Casier
    2) Duval?
    3) Stohl?
    4) ??

Borrowed from:http://www.rallye-info.com/forum.asp...4&new=7&page=1

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts

2008 teams and drivers

Now that 2007 is getting towards the end, do we have any more confirmations on teams or drivers ready for 2008 ?

No more news about drivers entering IRC08 whatever car it is(S2000, GrN, or others) ???