Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts

Question Silly Season 2008

What will happen to IRC in its 2nd season ?

How much will it grow, how many car-types will enter, or will come along during 2008 ?

Will it continue to give us as exiting rallies as it has been in its first real season ?

Which teams and drivers will enter for 2008 ?

Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland

How much will it grow, how many car-types will enter, or will come along during 2008 ?

Will it continue to give us as exiting rallies as it has been in its first real season ?

I dont think it will be silly. As I know, it looks very promising. Only bad think, in my opinion, is raising number of events to 12 That so many events killed WRC and I am afraid it can kill IRC...

Liked 301 Times in 212 Posts
    I guess french drivers Julien Pressac and Brice Tirabassi will enter next year, forming a "BSA/Yacco Team" with their 207 S2000

I'm also 95% sure Peugeot-Sport Spain will run again the championship with current drivers Ojeda and Vouilloz

In Belgium, Kronos and Peugeot Benelux have signed a two years deal, so it's official they will be there next year, remains the question if it'll be with two cars or one like now...

I hope Gilles Panizzi and "2007 polish champion" Bryan Bouffier will run most of IRC events next year too

Concerning the Fiat Grande Punto and other S2000s(Toyota, VW, MG, Ford,...)no idea of the 2008 program

Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts
    As I heard 16-years old Eugeny Novikov, who had a great battle with Anton Alen during 'Vyborg-2007', will start in IRC 2008 as 'Red Bull' driver. For the moment his manager`s choose a car - Mitsubishi Lancer or one S2000...
    http://www.ALMrally.ru All about rally in Russian

Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland

think it will be mad house with a lot of quality entries

Fiat Abarth will be there again with factory support (Anton Alen, Navara?) and with a lot of "private" drivers, same for Peugeot (Peugeot Spain, Peugeot Italy, BSA, Kronos). New cars could be VW (Polo), Loix, who will compete next year also, is testing wich car he will enter next year (Fiat or VW). Also Honda is likely to build a S2000 car although not at the start of next year.
    Also Skoda is thought to have plans in that direction. All in all a lot of both quantity and quality enties for sure and it's said that it will be a championship with 12 rounds!

Quote Originally Posted by jacko
    think it will be mad house with a lot of quality entries

Fiat Abarth will be there again with factory support (Anton Alen, Navara?) and with a lot of "private" drivers, same for Peugeot (Peugeot Spain, Peugeot Italy, BSA, Kronos).

Don't forget Peugeot Portugal(Bruno Magalhaes)and Peugeot Hungary(Janika)

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    It seems it will be only between Fiat and Peugeot, no other markes who could fight for victory... Not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza
    It seems it will be only between Fiat and Peugeot, no other markes who could fight for victory... Not that good.

Other teams are late and/or debute only during the 2007 season, at least in Europe...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    These are my thoughts/hopes for what they are worth.

In 08 I would like to see better tv coverage from Eurosport with commentators who know what they are talking about! The footage I've seen this year has been disjointed with ill informed comment, if I hear another Punto being referred to as a Grande Abarth I'll smash my tv! To say it's a Eurosport backed championship this is all quite strange.

A round in the UK would be nice but again we've probably shot ourselves in the foot on that one.

Teams other than the works Fiat set up doing a full championship. Whats the point in having rounds in Africa and China if only one serious team enter cars on the event? A 12 event championship is a nice to have but who will have the budget to do it?

MG and VW to enter cars aswell as the odd Toyota etc.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink

It is true that there is no point in having rounds outside europe (costly for most teams), BUT irc most likely will come to Mexico (yeah, i know: So what?) and since it is my only chance of seeing them, i'm glad it's really becoming a WORLD championship, not just europe+ (if you know what i mean ). But the again, as far as "here" is, don't know how many teams will come . Aside this, the option for teams to "skip" events is something that attracts them, as they're not obligated to compete the full c'ship and still win the title.
    feces complain about the stink of toilet